ENERGIZER Second Generation Lights @ 2009 CES/SHOT (Tactical, Night Strike...)

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
from Energizer's press kit:

for full specifications click on top of the page for the .pdf link here & here.

ENERGIZER's
- Tactical boasts 70 lumens
- Civilian version 100 lumens w/ UV instead of IR
- Night Strike 150 lumens
- Compact Helmet 35/40 lumens

:bow:all w/ multi-level and multi-color!
sure makes me an instantaneous fan :twothumbs

looks promising! the tactical version looks ugly & bulky compared to my Streamlight Sidewinder (20 lumens w/ Nichia Rigel LED) w/ flat-line constant-current regulation, excellent utility light though...

:grouphug: your thoughts???

pictures not to scale:
Energizer2009CES.jpg

Last edited:

Cydonia

Enlightened
They have "made very cheap by massive generic flashlight company in China" written all over them. Wonder what Energizer makes on em'?

rtt

Enlightened
Thanks for the information update. Like the fact the lights use AA batteries. They seem a little pricy.

edc3

Enlightened
The swivel head looks interesting. I like some of the features. No way I would pay $70-80 for it, though.

SemiMan

Banned
They have "made very cheap by massive generic flashlight company in China" written all over them. Wonder what Energizer makes on em'?

Not saying they are high quality, but they are unlike anything that has ever come out of a Chinese flashlight factory. Reality is that any contract manufacturer could build them so would not be surprised if they did not design them themselves.

Semiman

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
There different thats for sure......wonder how much they would really cost when they hit the stores.

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
pricey? the inova inforce color MSRP's for $229, more for the surefire kroma... i think they are pricing it above the 20lm streamlight sidewinder... these things fit a niche...

the civilian version of the inova inforce color has a secondary white led instead of infrared, which i always thought would have been better served with an ultraviolet led instead -- the energizer hard case civilian/tactical does! :grin2:

once these things sell online, it will be cheaper + our CPF discounts no doubt...

i'm just imagining so much utility i can wring out of these lights: imagine you're selling something on craigslist.org, check the cash with your UV beam! :shakehead

Last edited:

RadarGreg

Enlightened
I saw the Energizer lights today at the Shot Show, and while I liked the tactical ones, the cost was going to be way too high. The helmet light was said to be $150 by the sales guy at the booth. I can't imagine it costing that much, and if so, they will lose sales to the Surefire helmet light.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I like it. It's neat that each LED (White, red, green, blue, UV) has it's own separate switch and that you can run the white, red, green, and blue either separately or in any combination.

Also neat that the swivel version says you can run on either 2 OR 1 AA.

Survives a 15 foot fall! That indestructible nature has been one of the big draws to LED lights, so it's nice to see a main stream manufacturer building what looks to be some tough and very functional little lights to take advantage of that.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention cree_buyer.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
my thoughts...

I commend them for conceiving their own unique design(s). Molded plastics can be very durable and just as impact resistant as anything, unfortunately its also a thermal insulator:ohgeez:. Hopefully they are using a bright (Q/R-BIN) XR-E, and driving conservatively it to get those 100 and 40 Lumens. This will keep current draw and temperatures down. Hopefully they are not driving an XR-C at ~1A:sick2:.

I for one would like to see more multi-emitter lights like these and the SF-Aviator, streamlight twin-task, Cabelas Alaskan guide and DX:4293. Nichia low lumen flood, combined with a more throwey high from a Cree or Xenon LA.

As far as plastic lights go, I like the current hard case lineup. hopefully these new ones will be just as durable.

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
what i don't understand is why flashlight manufacturers are not using 3-color RGB single led emitters. they make them in 1 watt, and now 3 watts. w/ electronic switching they could light up red, green, and blue individually... but i guess that would require a dedicated 2 or 3 reflector head system... definitely less artefacts or no artefacts when comparing to a 5mm colored led.

ie.
2 reflector: white/rgb
3 reflector: white/rgb/ir
3 relector: white/rgb/uv

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had their hard case tactical light that I paid $79 for. It did not have a cree led...but it was VERY well made. hopefully a few of their new lights will be made as well as it was. Thanks for the pics!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I like the helmet light but it better be significantly cheaper priced than the Surefire version if they are going to retain sales in that area! Let's face it...Surefire is a trusted name in the tactical community and Energizer lights are some what unknown! I guess we will see! If the price was right I could the helmet light being a good seller.