• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Pocket Mini Laser Build Kit! - Host, Heatsink, Drilled Pill...

jayrob

Enlightened
The Pocket Mini is an excellent host for a blu-ray or a red build! :cool:

Using a FlexDrive, it is perfect for either. It will give you the option of using a 3.0 volt Lithium primary (CR123), or a 3.6 volt rechargeable. (RCR123)

Note: If you are looking for a high quality, complete build for red or blu-ray with diode options, including a 6X option!... I recommend IgorT! Very high quality builds with excellent customer service... See here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210968450

This 'Pocket Mini Kit', is a great build for DIY... You can use these pictures and first post, as a tutorial for the build...

HOT option - I can include a FlexDrive mounted with current set to your desire, and leads soldered on. (see below)

Tritium Marker option! - This option is to mount a Tritium vial inlayed into the host. This stuff glows on it's own! Not like a normal GITD product. (see below)

Awesome 405nm glass lens option! - This 405-G-1 glass lens mod fit for AixiZ will give you 26 to 28% increase in power with your blu-ray vs AixiZ acrylic! See here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1237515270

Pocket%20mini%201.jpg

Pocket%20mini%206.jpg

Pocket%20mini%2019.jpg

Pocket%20mini%2013.jpg

(Unless you get the FlexDrive 'Hot option', I'm not offering to do anything to the circuit. For the normal 'kit', I'm just selling the host, the heatsink, and drilling out the 'pill')

Pocket%20mini%209.jpg

Pocket%20mini%207.jpg

I use double sided tape to mount the driver. This not only holds it in place, but it isolates the driver contacts from the pill...

Pocket%20mini%2012.jpg

Pocket%20mini%204.jpg

Pocket mini 22.jpg

(Beam shot - with some smoke)
Pocket%20mini%2010.jpg

I am selling the host, with heatsink, and also doing the modification on the 'pill' for an easy build. You will need a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the heatsink set screws.

* Heatsink - A set screw will be included. This is for your AixiZ module. (business end)
* Host
* Drill out the pill

I will include the extra parts in a baggie. (LED emitter, reflector, etc...)

All you will need is the driver, battery, module, and diode! And of course some basic building skills such as soldering, and understanding how to connect and test a FlexDrive or similar driver.

Here's the price breakdown and options:

* Pocket Mini basic kit - $43 plus shipping. This includes the host/Heatsink/and pill drilled out.

Then you can add these options if desired:

* 'Hot' option - $48 This option includes a FlexDrive pre-mounted with current set as desired, and lead wires soldered on. (more details below)
* AixiZ module - $5
* 405-G-1 glass lens mod - $55 28% increase for blu-ray vs AixiZ acrylic! Shown here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1237515270
* Meredith glass lens mod for red (fit for AixiZ) - $57 20% increase for red vs AixiZ acrylic! Shown here: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1238535187
* Tritium Marker installed - $24.99 (more details below)
* Shipping - $6 (this covers my packaging and PayPal fees as well)

Shipping out of the U.S. will be the same price. But there will be no signature confirmation. (Out of U.S. buyer assumes responsibility at that price) Should not be a problem though... (I would mark the package as a gift, with a description of 'LED Flashlight' with a low value of $15)

Jay

HOT option:
cheesy.gif

I can include a FlexDrive mounted into the pill with the brass ring glued in place and the driver set to your desired current with lead wires soldered on for you! :)

All you would need is your module/diode, and a battery. (and a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the set screw)

Hot%20option.jpg

This option does not include the diode, module, stickers, or battery. But it will be really easy for you to complete the build. I have several good tips for assembly in this first post...

Tritium Marker Upgrade!

There's this stuff called Tritium...

* Yes it is radioactive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
* No, it is not really harmful... As long as you don't ingest it.

This stuff GLOWS for over 10 years! Not like a normal glow in the dark item. It GLOWS on it's own!
cheesy.gif
No light needed for this stuff to glow. (it just looks 'off white' in daylight - like a very tiny grain of rice, but smaller)

So the option is to have your host 'inlayed' with a Tritium marker!
smiley.gif

Blue, green, or red... your choice.

Here are the pictures...

Tritium6.jpg

Tritium4.jpg

Tritium5.jpg

Tritium1.jpg

Tritium2.jpg

Tritium3.jpg

Tritium7.jpg

Tritium8.jpg

The glass vials are tiny... just under 1/16" in diameter, and about 1/5" long.

Note: The hosts are not all perfect, and the areas for machining the slot on the hosts vary in width. I will get the slot as straight as I can, and it will be very nice. But there are imperfections in the hosts when you look close. So please cut me a little slack in that area. :)

Then the Tritium marker will just be glued in with clear silicone.

Before you ask, Greg is my contact for the Tritium. I don't sell it by itself, just in this upgrade for the Pocket Mini Kit or the DIY Green Kit.

And I also want to mention that Greg is stocking my Pocket Mini Kits in his store, Stonetek.org. He is able to offer 'upgraded' kits that have more parts, including FlexDrives.

As seen above, I do offer a FlexDrive 'HOT option' as well.

The price for the 'Tritium Marker' upgrade, which includes the machine work and the Tritium vial set into the slot, is $24.99

If you already have one of my kits, you can send me the back 'barrel' portion of the host, and I can do the modification for the same price. Plus return shipping...

Build Tips! :)

You will find this to be an easy build with this 'kit'. But let me give you just a couple of build tips to make it even that much easier!

* You want to use a fine, very flexible wire for these small builds. The best wire that I have found is in a computer mouse cord. If you strip the outer insulation, you will find several strands of excellent wire that is very flexible and great for building lasers!

* A good way to 'trim' the dust caps (shown in the first picture), is to put it on the back of an AixiZ module. (after cutting the 'nub' out) Then, you can use a really sharp knife to cut around nice and straight!

* As you know, the brass ring will press into the bottom of the pill. Use a little Thermal adhesive here. Maybe just in three spots. (not all the way around, because this is your negative contact point) That way, when you finish the build and go to tighten the assembly into the head, you won't have the problem of the brass ring 'spinning' in the pill instead of everything getting tight.

* It's a good practice to test voltage just from the wire leads coming out of the pill, once you get the brass ring and board in place...

My method for this, is to use a 3.0 volt Primary (3.6 is too long for this test), and after filing a small part of the edge of the barrel clean, just touch the edge of the pill onto the clean edge of the barrel, with the battery positive making contact in the center of the board. (obviously the switch has to be on)

Pocket%20mini%2021.jpg

I use this same method to set current after my FlexDrive is installed into the pill...

* And my final build tip for you, is that you will find it easy to screw the assembly into the head, by putting a dust cap on your lens to protect it, and then you will 'pinch' the assembly between your thumb and ring finger. (or pinky finger) Then, using your other hand, twist the head on. When you get half way, you will switch ends with your thumb and ring finger so that your finger will be able to fit inside the head of the host. Finally, use a pair of needle nosed pliers to get it snug and tight once the heatsink touches the front. (you will see two little 'notches' on the brass ring, that you can use the tip of some needle nose pliers to fit for tightening)

David%20Guin%201-12-09.jpg

Pocket%20mini%2020.jpg

Check out my new "DIY Green Laser Kit'!:D
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/219698

My 'Key Chain Laser' - Must see!;)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2768679

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
daguin, 2 Pocket Mini Kits are coming your way today!

David%20Guin%201-12-09.jpg

Hey Dave, I am confident that you will absolutely love these builds...

Talk to you soon,
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Hey Glenn, I'm sending your Pocket Mini Kit today! (Wednesday)

I know you guys will love these kits! I sure would like to know what you think... :)
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
elitesniper,
I will ship your Pocket Mini kit tomorrow. :) (Thursday)

The brass ring 'presses' into the pill nice and tight. You may find that a light touch with a pair of pliers will do nicely for this. So what ever adhesive you use, just don't put in all the way around the brass ring! Just a very little, in maybe 3 spots. Then it will adhere very well, and you will still have good conductivity from the rest of the ring...
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
Senkat, Hey Greg I'll have some more of your Pocket Mini Kits in the mail before the Post Office closes today. (Tuesday)

Rasser, same goes for your kits and other items...
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
Quote from jayrob on Today at 12:19am:
Senkat, two more 'Pocket Mini Kits' coming your way Greg!
smiley.gif

How are you liking them so far?
Jay

Quote from SenKat_Stonetek on Today at 4:13pm:
Heh - How am I liking them so far ? do you REALLY gotta ask that ? As usual, the premier designer of tutorials, kits, and custom lasers has outdone himself - by far the easiest kits avaialbe out there - wish I could afford them ALL !
smiley.gif

Not really, I knew you liked them...
smiley.gif

But I was hoping for some feedback so that others would know. As I am obviously trying to promote more interest in these kits.

This kind of feedback, especially from experienced guys like yourself, Dave, Glenn, and others, really puts a seal of approval on them!
cheesy.gif

Thanks for posting back Greg!
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
HOT option:
cheesy.gif

I can include a FlexDrive mounted into the pill with the brass ring glued in place and the driver set to your desired current with lead wires soldered on for you! :)

All you would need is your module/diode, and a battery. (and a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the set screw)

Here's the breakdown:

Pocket Mini kit - $43
FlexDrive - $28
Mount driver and set current with leads for an easy assembly - $20
Shipping - $6 (this covers my packaging and PayPal fees as well)

Shipping out of the U.S. will be the same price. But there will be no signature confirmation. (Out of U.S. buyer assumes responsibility at that price) Should not be a problem though...

Total - $97 dollars. PM me for PayPal!

This option does not include the diode, module, stickers, or battery. But it will be really easy for you to complete the build. I have several good tips for assembly in the first post...
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
flucero28, your Pocket Mini Kit, along with your (new style) 4171/AixiZ version 2 heatsink package is going to make it to the Post Office today before they close...

Please let me know when you get the package! :)
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
barahawk, I've got your Pocket Mini Kit with 'Hot option' ready to ship! :)

It will be in tomorrow's mail. (Friday)

The FlexDrive is set at 125mA's per your request. (blu-ray test load)
Jay

Hot%20option.jpg

P.S. I've got an option coming up for this Pocket Mini Kit that will knock your socks off!:cool:

It's something that is really cool, that I wouldn't take the time to do for most builds, but this little host is worthy! Just keep your eyes peeled! It's something I'm working on with Senkat... I will show it soon! ;)

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Crossfire, your Pocket Mini Kit with 'hot option' will be in Monday's mail...

I have it set at exactly 65mA's per your request. (blu-ray test load)

Please post back after you do your build! :)
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
CaptainArgon, your Pocket Mini Kit with 'hot option' will get shipped today!

It is set at 120mA's per you request. (blu-ray test load)

Should be an easy assembly with the hot option! :)
Jay