• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: DIY Green Laser Kit! Host, Heatsink - Easy Assembly!

jayrob

Enlightened
This is available as a 'DIY Green Kit' without the battery or module...

The kit includes:
* Host
* Heatsink
* Front piece
* Dust cap
* The 'pill' will be drilled and have a set screw as well!

This host/kit, is very well designed for excellent heatsinking to the module. Once you have this kit, it will last you a lifetime. VERY easy to swap out modules if ever needed or desired!
smiley.gif

All you will need is a module (very easy to solder a small wire to bypass the switch - see picture below), a battery, and a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the set screws.

The Kit will be $75 dollars plus shipping... (there is a $20 dollar discount option - see below) Shipping and handling - $6 (this covers my packaging and PayPal fees as well)

Shipping out of the U.S. will be the same price. But there will be no signature confirmation. (Buyer assumes responsibility at that price) Should not be a problem though... (I would mark the package as a gift, with a description of 'LED Flashlight' with a low value of $15)

It's a nice sized green build that uses a very nice host! Looks like a mini RPL!
cool.gif

Here's the host:
https://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15687

The green modules are here for the specs on them:
50mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=882
100mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=909
150mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=886

For DIY red or blu-ray, I have my 'Pocket Mini Build Kits'! (the link is at the bottom of this post)

Note: If you are looking for a high quality, complete build for red or blu-ray with diode options, including a 6X option!... I recommend IgorT! Very high quality builds with excellent customer service... See here:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210968450

This is a great 'Kit' for a DIY green build... You can use these pictures and first post, as a tutorial for the build...
smiley.gif

G1.jpg

Kgreen4.jpg

Note: If you have a 4 pin style switch, it is easy to by-pass by connecting two of the points along either side.

G11.jpg

G2.jpg

G3.jpg

G4.jpg

G5.jpg

G6.jpg

These 50mW and 100mW Standstone11 green modules are not IR filtered. But I have some IR filters, and the difference in the measurement is only about 10mW's or less with the IR filter (50mW module). And about 20mW's or less with the 100mW module.

These modules don't seem to have that 'slow climb' in power like the cheap DX greenies, the 50mW ones start out, at or above 40mW's and climb to over 50mW's with in 10 seconds in normal room temperature!
smiley.gif
The 100mW modules are overpowered as well!

As you can see from the pictures, the host is very nice, and has a mini RPL look to it!
cheesy.gif
Very nice clicky button as well.

You can compare these green modules (price wise) to a diode, because the cost for the module alone, is only $28 bucks. plus shipping. (50mW)

(50mW Beam shots - with some smoke) - A 50mW green beam will look like this at night, or in the dark!
cheesy.gif

G7.jpg

G8.jpg

It is a very easy assembly, if you have the key parts.

Note: All of the modules linked above, are the same size, and will work for this kit. But it doesn't hurt to double check the size of your module...

The build is based on these module dimensions: (.469in. X 2.479in., or 11.9mm X 62.7mm) The length measurements are from the spring to the front of the brass module.

For the assembly, it's just a matter of positioning the module at the correct distance, so that the front piece can slide in, and the final retaining ring can screw on, to hold it in place.

The threaded piece that I have the set screw in (see note in picture), is a piece that comes with the host. It will be drilled out precisely centered (on the lathe) and fit with a small set screw for the module. This is the positive contact point...

Tips:

* You will need a battery, and a 1.5mm Allen wrench for the set screw.
* You will need to cut the tail cap spring some. This is an easy thing to do. Then just re-shape the tip of the spring with some needle nose pliers.
* Battery orientation is case positive. (positive end towards tail cap)
* You can use either a 3.0 volt Lithium primary (CR123), or a 3.6 volt rechargeable battery. (RCR123) The 3.6 volt battery gives max power, but the 3.0 volt battery is recommended for a longer module life.

G9.jpg

I'm showing this picture just to point out that you may need to cut the spring on the tail cap a little shorter and use some needle nose pliers to re-shape the battery contact tip of the spring. (easy to do) This kind of thing is pretty normal for many DIY flashlight/laser mods.

G10.jpg

This is an easy way to take up the extra space in the barrel so that your battery doesn't 'rattle'. Since the host is fit for an 18650, the RCR123 fit is loose. Just put a piece of the foam type double sided tape on the battery, and leave the protective part on the top side of the tape!

By the way, this is a great host for a blu-ray or a red mod using an 18650 supply!
wink.gif

Option!

For $20 dollars less...

I'll give the option of just drilling out the reflector so that the module will just slide through!
smiley.gif

This means you will not need the custom front piece, or the dust cap. Instead, you will just leave the glass lens in place! This is a very nice finish as well. It also gives protection from dust and even some protection from water. (not sure if it is good for underwater)

Here's a picture of how this finish looks!...

G15.jpg

You may loose just a little power with the extra glass lens, but not much. Nice finish, good protection, cheaper price!
wink.gif

Tritium Marker Upgrade!

There's this stuff called Tritium...

* Yes it is radioactive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
* No, it is not really harmful... As long as you don't ingest it.

This stuff GLOWS for over 10 years! Not like a normal glow in the dark item. It GLOWS on it's own!
cheesy.gif
No light needed for this stuff to glow. (it just looks 'off white' in daylight - like a very tiny grain of rice, but smaller)

So the option is to have your host 'inlayed' with a Tritium marker!
smiley.gif

Blue, green, or red... your choice.

Here are the pictures...

Tritium6.jpg

Tritium4.jpg

Tritium5.jpg

Tritium1.jpg

Tritium2.jpg

Tritium3.jpg

Tritium7.jpg

Tritium8.jpg

The glass vials are tiny... just under 1/16" in diameter, and about 1/5" long.

Note: The hosts are not all perfect, and the areas for machining the slot on the hosts vary in width. I will get the slot as straight as I can, and it will be very nice. But there are imperfections in the hosts when you look close. So please cut me a little slack in that area. :)

Then, the Tritium marker will just be glued in with clear silicone.

Before you ask, Greg is my contact for the Tritium. I don't sell it by itself, just in this upgrade for the Pocket Mini Kit or the DIY Green Kit.

And I also want to mention that Greg is stocking my Pocket Mini Kits in his store, Stonetek.org. He is able to offer 'upgraded' kits that have more parts, including FlexDrives.

As seen above, I do offer a FlexDrive 'HOT option' as well.

The price for the 'Tritium Marker' upgrade, which includes the machine work and the Tritium vial set into the slot, is $24.99

If you already have one of my kits, you can send me the back 'barrel' portion of the host, and I can do the modification for the same price. Plus return shipping...
Jay

Check out my new 'Pocket Mini Laser Build Kit'!:)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2791675#post2791675

My 'Key Chain Laser' - Must see!;)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2768679

Check out my Key Chain Flashlight mod!:)
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/222029

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
tstrupp, just to let you know that your DIY green kit will be in today's mail... (Tuesday)

Please post back to let everybody know what you think of the kit!
smiley.gif

Montana64, your DIY Green Kit is shipping today as well...

DIY%20Green%20Kit.jpg

Your kit will include everything shown in this picture, plus an instruction sheet with tips for best module position, and tips on the tail cap spring adjustment as well...
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
Th0ughts, I want to let you know that your DIY Green Kit (and other item) will ship tomorrow! (Thursday)

Instructions included, but you can also use the first post in this thread as a tutorial! Please let me know what you think of the kit!:)
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
GAFFNEYYY, your DIY Green Kit will be in tomorrow's mail. (Friday)

I will drill out the reflector as well in case you want to try the glass front look. Let me know when you get it! :)
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
jkoppk, I have a notice that there is a package at the post office for me that I will pick up tomorrow. According to the tracking number. I will have 3 or the 10 Green Hosts that I have on order. That means I will be shipping your DIY Green Kit tomorrow. (Monday)

Arenared, same goes for your DIY Green Kit and other item.

freshert, yours too!
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
Tritium Marker Upgrade!

There's this stuff called Tritium...

* Yes it is radioactive - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium
* No, it is not really harmful... As long as you don't ingest it.

This stuff GLOWS for over 10 years! Not like a normal glow in the dark item. It GLOWS on it's own!
cheesy.gif
No light needed for this stuff to glow. (it just looks 'off white' in daylight - like a very tiny grain of rice, but smaller)

So the option is to have your host 'inlayed' with a Tritium marker!
smiley.gif

Blue, green, or red... your choice.

Here are the pictures...

Tritium6.jpg

Tritium4.jpg

Tritium5.jpg

Tritium1.jpg

Tritium2.jpg

Tritium3.jpg

The glass vials are tiny... just under 1/16" in diameter, and about 1/5" long.

Note: The hosts are not all perfect, and the areas for machining the slot on the hosts vary in width. I will get the slot as straight as I can, and it will be very nice. But there are imperfections in the hosts when you look close. So please cut me a little slack in that area. :)

Then, the Tritium marker will just be glued in with clear silicone.

Before you ask, Greg is my contact for the Tritium. I don't sell it by itself, just in this upgrade for the Pocket Mini Kit or the DIY Green Kit.

And I also want to mention that Greg is stocking my Pocket Mini Kits in his store, Stonetek.org. He is able to offer 'upgraded' kits that have more parts, including FlexDrives.

As seen above, I do offer a FlexDrive 'HOT option' as well.

The price for the 'Tritium Marker' upgrade, which includes the machine work and the Tritium vial set into the slot, is $24.99

If you already have one of my kits, you can send me the back 'barrel' portion of the host, and I can do the modification for the same price. Plus return shipping...
Jay

Last edited: