Malkoff Surefire questions...

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
Purchased a few new SF's from the sales forum today and will need a couple of new drop ins.

Looking at the Malkoff drop ins, I notice there are alot of different options now. My question is, I see there are 8 degree and 20 degree optics.. what is the difference? Which is throw and which is flood?

Next, is Gene making the P7 drop ins for the SF yet?

Thank you :twothumbs

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do a search and all of your questions will be answered. 8 degree is for a tighter throw oriented beam, 20 dgree will be a wider flood beam. He will make you a P7 if you want one, just contact him. :thumbsup:

Purchased a few new SF's from the sales forum today and will need a couple of new drop ins.

Looking at the Malkoff drop ins, I notice there are alot of different options now. My question is, I see there are 8 degree and 20 degree optics.. what is the difference? Which is throw and which is flood?

Next, is Gene making the P7 drop ins for the SF yet?

Thank you :twothumbs

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a M60, M60F and M60LF. Unless you really need extended runtime, go with the full power versions. The regular and flood are almost different lights. The flood is incredibly even. The regular has got a good spill beam but throw very well. Buy one of each.

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
I have an M60 that I purchased from Gene about a year ago, before all these new models came out.

I am thinking that I'd like to get something with MAD flood. Do I ask Gene to make a P7 drop in? Or will one of the M models work better? (more spill, flood)?

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an M60 that I purchased from Gene about a year ago, before all these new models came out.

I am thinking that I'd like to get something with MAD flood. Do I ask Gene to make a P7 drop in? Or will one of the M models work better? (more spill, flood)?
The M60 flood modules are all about flood but if you look closely, there is still a spot beam of sorts - it's just that the spill is so strong, it's hard to notice the spot at all - very nicely done and an extremely useful drop in.

The P7 produces a lot more lumens but it is only flood with very little throw at all (based on the observations of others) - I don't have a P7 Malkoff yet.

James...

Policetacteam

Enlightened
If you are consiering the Malkoff P7 you should also consider what will be powering it! Two 123 lithiums will fry the P7 lamp. Just food for thought!

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
I suggest the full-power M60. If you like a warmer, more incandescent-like tint, get the M60W. You will be more than satisfied!

If you are consiering the Malkoff P7 you should also consider what will be powering it! Two 123 lithiums will fry the P7 lamp. Just food for thought!
Yep. You need either an 18650 or a 17670 (both rechargeables).

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did we ever get a final set of specs on the P7?

Output, run time and power requirements?

-Trevor

Niconical

Enlightened
I'm a big fan of the M60L (8degree optic) great dropin, provides the perfect balance of runtime VS output IMHO
Just my 0.02

+1 :thumbsup:

M60L, plus a G2/6P is the nearest answer you can get IMO to the "Hey guys, what's the best overall flashlight?" question.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
:crackup:I can appreciate the following for the C3, but I prefer the C2, better size and runs RCR123s nicely :twothumbs
RCR123's are what, 650 mAH (real, not advertised)? 17500's are 1100 mAH. I rest my case.:p
I'm just teasing you though, I don't want to start some kind of wierd 5-way war here.:duck::crackup:

Moka

Enlightened
RCR123's are what, 650 mAH (real, not advertised)? 17500's are 1100 mAH. I rest my case.:p
I'm just teasing you though, I don't want to start some kind of wierd 5-way war here.:duck::crackup:

All good:twothumbs, I'd prolly be using 17500s or 18650s but they're very hard to get the batteries let alone the chargers in Australia... I took a gamble on the RCR charger I bought and the first lot of cells i bought were duds... So not that I've got the RCRs working well I'm almost afraid to convert... lol

(To the OP: You can have your thread back now :whistle:)