my brinkmann rebel BROKE!!

snapper

Newly Enlightened
The head came off!! Oh well, i will just use my opalec/mag. Might even get me a legend lx.. I cant tell if the head broke or came unglued. I am goint to wal mart here shortly to get my money back.. Just thought you might want to know.

Later, snapper

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I've never heard of a head coming off this light... OUCH!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Tailcaps occasionally come off at the threads, but Brinkmann will send you a new one because the original used some kind of glue that made the tailcap defective. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
But having the head come off - that just sucks!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, just laugh about it because Brinkmann IS a "stand-up" company that makes things right with their buyers. Call them up at their toll-free warranty service number and have a talk with them.

try their customer service # at: 1-800-527-0717

Let us know how it goes..

I spend hundreds$ on Brinkmann's for a reason - they're great mod bases and they stand behind their product 100%..

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The end where the lens is, unscrews. The rest of the head and tube is one piece.

The Warranty is void, IF you were trying Adjust the focus by twisting the head, attempting to remove the entire head, or otherwise abusing the poor light.

The Warranty is NOT void, IF it is the result of a defect like air bubbles in the plastic, AND within the warranty period.

If it is a defect, Brinkmann would likely prefer to find out about it, so they can do something about it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it broke just glue it up. That is the marvel of ABS over metal. I have scratched half the paint of one and donked it around in a tool box with little to show for it. What size Vise Grips did you use to try to focus the head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Or have Brinkmann investigate and probably replace. Ditto on them being a stand up company that is not afraid to innovate as well.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
...And here, I've been trying to pry open the head of my Rebel with pliers and knives so I can drop in an LS, and yours just falls off????
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Not fair...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hemingray

Enlightened
I was able to manually unscrew the head on three Brink Rebels, no tools needed... Getting the original electronics and optics out is relatively painless, and then it is a good base for Luxeon upgrades.

It is a relatively cheap plastic light, unlike their LX which is nice solid metal. That one is pending a mod, after the original bulb burns out, I'll do a 5W job to it.

/ed B in NH

snapper

Newly Enlightened
well took it to wal-mart and got my money back. It was a nice light. I carried it in my back pocket for a week, and evidently it didn't like that. So if you want to remove the head try carying it in your back pocket for a week..

Later guys!! Snapper

I_rv_too

Newly Enlightened
>>was a nice light

If you liked the light (like the rest of us do), why didn't you get a replacement instead of a refund?