should i get a jet beam III series or eagle tac?

dtx

Newly Enlightened
i know both are good lights and eagle is a little brighter, but basically i just want a cool looking light that uses the 18650. but could use cr123 cool looking is the most important factor. the 3 jetbeams i am considering are the jetbeam 3 M,IBS, and ultra
or and eagletac p10c2, t10c2, t10L

Toaster

Enlightened
None of the Eagletacs can use both 18650 and CR123. Of the Jetbeams only the Jet-III M and Jet-III Pro Ultra w/broad voltage circuit can use both 18650 and CR123.

Moka

Enlightened
I've been tossing up on almost the same question...
I'm prolly gonna end up going for the jetbeam, I like that it can used both 18650 and CR123, if ur looking for 'cool looking' I reckong the Jetbeams look cooler IMHO

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to add on:

Jetbeams are also programable in terms of output. The Eagletacs are not.

+1 on the looks and FEEL of the Jetbeams too.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
None of the Eagletacs can use both 18650 and CR123. Of the Jetbeams only the Jet-III M and Jet-III Pro Ultra w/broad voltage circuit can use both 18650 and CR123.
But you lose regulation with those ultra-board voltage circuits, though. And you can use RCR123s in the Eagles.

Toaster

Enlightened
You can also use RCR123s in the Jetbeams along with the 18650. So ultimately Jetbeam is more flexible with it's power supply.

druidmars

Enlightened
But you lose regulation with those ultra-board voltage circuits, though. And you can use RCR123s in the Eagles.

The only problem is the battery. In the low mode, RCR123s in EagleTac don't reach 5hours before complete darkness :( Other than that is a great light with a very nice beam.

Toaster

Enlightened
Couldn't be more wrong. Jet-III M has the same KISS interface as the Eagletacs yet the low mode is adjustable. The lights with broad voltage circuits are fully regulated on both CR123 and RCR123 like the Eagletacs with the additional advantage of being able to run 18650. All of the Jet-III models except the Jet-III M are available with 18650 only circuit that are fully regulated. True the Eagletacs can belt out more lumens but they don't have anything that can throw well so it may not fit everyone's needs.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Throw is not always the most important factor. Most people don't need something with lots of throw. If they do, they will get a dedicated thrower. The Eagletacs have very usable beam patterns, and there are virtually no rings present. The T series lights have a wide spill that is very bright, which is much more useful than a thrower in my opinion.

gilly

Enlightened
Couldn't be more wrong. Jet-III M has the same KISS interface as the Eagletacs yet the low mode is adjustable. The lights with broad voltage circuits are fully regulated on both CR123 and RCR123 like the Eagletacs with the additional advantage of being able to run 18650. All of the Jet-III models except the Jet-III M are available with 18650 only circuit that are fully regulated. True the Eagletacs can belt out more lumens but they don't have anything that can throw well so it may not fit everyone's needs.

Agreed. The Jet III-M is an excellent light. True, the regulation on an 18650 is not there - but you can't have everything. The ability to adjust that low mode is a HUGE advantage. In an emergency situation, you can run on low mode for DAYS. Check out Selfbuilt's review in which he measured the Jet III-M at a minimum of only .2 lumens (nearly as low as a NOVATAC!). IMHO a light that can accept all battery types, and can put out anywhere from .2 to ~200 lumens is an outstanding tool to have in one's possession. I don't know anyone on this forum that doesn't respect Selfbuilt's excellent reviews - and he gives the Jet III-M a high recommendation:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

TommyGuns

Newly Enlightened
I agree that the Eagle Tac T10C2 has a very pretty beam. Bright, usable spill/flood, and throw quit far, right up there with the Olight M20 r2. It's one of my favorite beams, right there with the Fenix TK10.

The Jetbeam III M is a cool flashlight too. I like the M20 better than the Jetbeam because it has more light intensity setting that I could get to quickly. Just my opinion. I like it's looks better than the M20 too. I just wish there as three setting, 1) high 2) low and 3) a programmable setting.

I heard something interesting from a Eagle Tac person though:

"Hi Tom,
EagleTac is working on some new flashlights that should be available some time in March if all goes as planed. I'm sure one of the new offerings will meet your needs ;-)

I was sworn to secrecy so I can't give you any details, sorry."

Can't wait to see what it is. I'm hoping for a low low on the Eagle Tac T10C2. :popcorn: Oh well, I'll have to wait. Reminds me of Christmas.

Latest posts