Surefire lego question

Tim B

Newly Enlightened
Will the tailcap from the E2D LED defender fit on the E1B backup and vice versa? I would like to use the flared tailcap on the E1B for a better grip and use the E1B tailcap on the E2D

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes, definitely. There was actually someone recently who bought 4 or 5 of each for XMas gifts and switched the tail caps before giving away the lights...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will the tailcap from the E2D LED defender fit on the E1B backup and vice versa? I would like to use the flared tailcap on the E1B for a better grip and use the E1B tailcap on the E2D
They are all part of the E series, so yes definitely!

Enjoy your adult LEGO.

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
hello cpf surefire experts - i also have a noob question!

will a 2 x 18650 Leef or GP or other custom body kits fit the E2DL head and tailcap? will 7.2 volts kill it?

i'm also wondering if the current Malkoff drop in's will fit the older incandescent E2Defenders... and will a 2 x 18650 custom toob fit that as well?

thankyouverymuch folks -- you're the best! :huh:

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello cpf surefire experts - i also have a noob question!

will a 2 x 18650 Leef or GP or other custom body kits fit the E2DL head and tailcap? will 7.2 volts kill it?

i'm also wondering if the current Malkoff drop in's will fit the older incandescent E2Defenders... and will a 2 x 18650 custom toob fit that as well?

thankyouverymuch folks -- you're the best! :huh:
The Malkoff drop-ins will not fit in any E series bezel. They are made only for P60 compatible lights, as you know: G2/6P/G3/C2/9P/C3/M2, some Wolf-Eyes, some Dereelights among other brands you can check in that huge thread "The List of P60 Hosts". Or made specifically for Maglites.

Not sure if the E2DL could handle 7.2v... I only run mine on primaries.

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
hey thanks for sorting out the surefire alphabet soup in one sentence Outdoors_Fanatic! :faint:

P60 is the standard, gotcha!

looks like 2 rcr123 works (dunno if it's recommended...) for the e2dl from reply #16 on this post here.