• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Anodize Mag Run: Which Color?

cfromc

Enlightened
Hi all,

If I can get enough interest for one color I want to do a limited run of custom colored Mag Lites in 2D, 3D, 4D or member supplied lights but I don't know what color so I need your help. These will be stripped and all pieces anodized (type II) together with a custom bezel (two crenelleted styles offered: aggresive or mild), and an XCapeCap tailcap. The finished lights will be offered as incan hosts or MAGLED hosts and maybe with other options TBD later. For now, please tell me which color(s) you'd like to see.

Last edited:

spencer

Enlightened
Orange like that nascar tony stewart.
Orange would be sweet.

I also think that a yellow or white would also be cool. I don't know if you can even do white. EDIT: White is not possible. I always thought the lime green ones looked cool but I can never find them.

If you haven't noticed I'm just throwing out whatever colour pops into my head.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a lime green but I would want it bored on the inside and cut down if that is a option.

donn_

Flashaholic
Hot Pink! :nana:

Seriously...Is this regular anodizing, and not hard ano (HAIII)?

Is it limited to 2D and 3D?

Will it include member-supplied lights?

cfromc

Enlightened
I didn't want to mention in the OP but I thought either lime green or orange would be cool. I can easily get 2D, 3D and 4D but member supplied lights would be fine too. Any cut-downs or boring will have to be done before the lights are sent to me.

The ano will most likely be Type II.

QtrHorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be nice if we can send in our own light that is already cut down, bored and has fluting or finning.

Will this be HA or standard anodizing? If it is HA, I am in for just about any color other than white or pink.

just for fun

Newly Enlightened
Orange is nice. I have this for a couple years just can't bring myself to cut it up. I personally would like to orange with a black spider web or blue with a yellow pattern, something you have not seen the factory make.

mago.jpg

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I'd vote for some sort of multi-color fade; the popularity of the NASCAR Mag (and the lack of popularity for the logo on it) shows plainly how successful a run of these could be. You could even mix it up a bit, do some with red-to-yellow, some with green-to-blue, etc.