Ach! I need a pocket clip!

nbp

Flashaholic
I have a fairly nice (around $75) Boker folding knife that I like a lot. It fits in the hand comfortably, and I'd like to carry it more often. However, it has no pocket clip, :thinking: so it falls down in my pocket and turns sideways and is a hassle :ohgeez: Thus, I don't carry it and resort to other knives.

I see alot of machinists and modders here though making knives and flashlight parts and clips and such. So I'm wondering if someone is able to drill and tap a couple holes in the handle and make me a steel or Ti pocket clip on this knife.

Is this reasonable? Easy? How much would someone charge to do this? If I had the right tools and skill I'd just do it myself, but I don't, and I don't want to wreck the knife. On the other hand, I don't want to spend alot either because the knife itself is not that expensive.

Or would I be better off just finding a clip from some other knife and then find someone to tap some holes that match and put that clip on? I don't know...I just want a clip. :sigh:

Thoughts? Thanks guys.

Nick

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Good tip, I might try that. My dad said he has a guy at work that could drill and tap, so I could get a clip or two from that site, see what I like and have him put it on. It won't be custom, but it'll be $10 rather than who knows how much. I'll see what I can find on knifekits, that may be the way to go.

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
Good tip, I might try that. My dad said he has a guy at work that could drill and tap, so I could get a clip or two from that site, see what I like and have him put it on. It won't be custom, but it'll be $10 rather than who knows how much. I'll see what I can find on knifekits, that may be the way to go.

You should check with STR on his price for a titanium clip and drilling and taping, too.