New Streamlights!

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight has a bunch of new models:

http://www.streamlight.com/product/new-products.aspx?hid=0

:twothumbs

They include:
  • Polystinger models (with modern led)
  • Polytac (the SL version of the SF G2; led and incan versions)
  • Strion LED - finally!
  • Nightcom led (modern led in place of the incan)
  • Packmate - splash ano and red led version of Nightcom
  • Multi-Ops - a 3AAA led/laser/UV led light combo
  • Stylus Pros in Camo ano
  • Polystylus - interchangeable color heads
Some of these look interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing price points when they hit dealers. I love new stuff.

cslinger

Enlightened
Any indication when the Strion LED will be available as I have been waiting for one since the original Strion was released. I love my Strion but boy does it eat bulbs.

cslinger

Enlightened
Geez it is so hard to get a quick answer around here. I mean 7 minutes!!!! I have to believe we can do better then that. :D Maybe beam the answer telepathically into my head.

Thanks much appreciate the info. I will likely be squirreling a little money aside for this one.

Chris

maxilux

Enlightened
Wow, i see this lights some days ago, 2 years to late but now they are coming, i think there will be some very good lights, Polystinger with 180 Lumen, thats the same as some Chinese 300 Lumen ( i hope)

cslinger

Enlightened
Streamlight, as of late, has been pretty good about quoting out the front lumens so I would imagine there numbers are close. I own a Super-Tac and two TL-1 weapon lights and there lumen ratings appear to be spot on or even a little under rated.

Chris

cree_buyer

Newly Enlightened
it's great that they have a 185 lumens led on the new polystinger, i rather have the aluminum one with the new led. why on earth is streamlight still using ni-cad rechargeables on the polystinger and stinger anyways??? :ohgeez:

the strion looks nice, a RARE very flat regulated run time on a single rechargeable 3.75v 2000mah li-ion.

it's nice that streamlight has multi-level flashlights + strobe. streamlight should design their flashlights to be MODULAR - are you listening streamlight??? :sleepy:

Last edited:

USM0083

Enlightened
why on earth is streamlight still using ni-cad rechargeables on the polystinger and stinger anyways??? :ohgeez:

It's intended for the LE market, and ni-cads can take a lot of abuse. You can make the charger smart, but you can't make the user smart, and flashlights are an afterthought for most cops. I've turned a bunch of my co-workers into semi0flashaholics, and a I've had to educate them about lithiums and li-ions.

cslinger

Enlightened
Isn't the Strion marketed towards LEO's as well. I thought that was a L-Ion?

Maybe I am wrong but I thought it was a Lithium Ion.

Chris

davidt

Enlightened
The polytac led looks awesome. The head looks like its polymer though. I wonder how it deals with the heat from the led. I hope streamlight figured out a way to maintain 120 out the front lumens without having to ramp down output.