Check out these flashlights with a bad attitude...

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.securityfirstindustries.com/stunflashlights.htm

These are sure some "Don´t mess with me" flashlights, I wonder why streamlight,SF or other fine maker hasn´t created one yet.

What do you think ? I think it´s cool imagine that on an E2
smile.gif

ToddM

Enlightened
My guess is in our age of legal liablility and lawyers that, and I would add to that the guess that much like HK or Glock they (surefire/streamlight) are first and formost contracted suppliers to LEO/Military and civilian business is a smaller portion of their sales (probably MUCH smaller).

Add to this the fact that most police officers would rather SHOOT someone these days, than simply hit them with thier flashlight and can you imagine the courtroom horrors when they found out you gave them a 200,000v stun with your flashlight
smile.gif
They would also probably require specific training $ which departments don't have, and declaring the item as a weapon or non weapon.....if it's both is there a legal liability gray area? If you poke some guy with a flashlight is he going to sue the dept. saying you stunned him? To us these all seem like silly things, even stupid things, but when fear of lawsuits and liability has caused cops to shoot someone rather than hit them with a flashlight the logic is pretty well out the window to start with. (I don't know about you but if I have to choose between a wack with a maglite and a .357 in the chest I don't have a hard time deciding which).

Also I think you'll find that most LEO/Military gear is designed to do one thing and only one thing but do it really well. They don't use a whole lot of multipurpose gear because usually it just does not stack up. It might do 6 things but it probably doesn't do any of them really, really well.

Not to knock the product it certainly is interesting and may be of good, or even great, quality but would it meet mil spec for a duty flashligh or a stun gun (if there even is a mil spec for a stun gun), my guess is probably not. I guess I just see it more as a gimic type product.