Solarforce R2 L2 All Stainless version

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a all stainless steel version of the Solarforce L2 R2 led flashlight on Ebay. It looked awesome, but the price was way to high. You could buy two 6p's for the same price as this L2. I want be buying it, but thought other CPF'ers might be interested.

Winx

Newly Enlightened
search for "solarforce l2 stainless".

It sure does look nice but price :eek:... Limited edition.

Tailcap is easy to mod with McClicky so no problem with the switch :).

Last edited:

Ig

Newly Enlightened
"298-gram weight (excluding batteries)" :eek:
But looks very nice.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is heavy! With the price, I dont see this one going over very well, and especially not if it want take 18650's.

Norm

Retired Administrator
It takes 18650s OK, looks great, but is way too heavy to EDC. The threads are OK but far from perfect.
You could bury this light and when it was dug up by our descendents it would still be in perfect condition.
Norm

jake25

Enlightened
It takes 18650s OK, looks great, but is way too heavy to EDC. The threads are OK but far from perfect.
You could bury this light and when it was dug up by our descendents it would still be in perfect condition.
Norm
Norm, not sure what Solarforce you have? heh. The threads on my L2 and L2m aren't far from a Surefire 6P

Cadster

Newly Enlightened
I've been considering the all SS L2 as a host for a Malkoff.
I assume it's still necessary to pack the drop-in with aluminum foil.
Is there a better way?

jake25

Enlightened
Cadster I've been working on getting the M60 and Solarforce L2 to work in harmony. I'm not familiar with Malkoff products at all, do you think the ring that Malkoff sells would alleviate the situation? I have seen instances where contact with the body and a M60 dropin aren't that great.

Norm

Retired Administrator
This is how I do it, works extremely well. Improving heat sinking on P60 style drop ins. - CandlePowerForums
Norm

I've been considering the all SS L2 as a host for a Malkoff.
I assume it's still necessary to pack the drop-in with aluminum foil.
Is there a better way?

This thread is referring to the stainless steel L2, my aluminium L2's have good threads.

Norm, not sure what Solarforce you have? heh. The threads on my L2 and L2m aren't far from a Surefire 6P