Stats on KL4?

Matthew_Ung

Newly Enlightened
Someone said the KL4 is coming out for the e2e and I was just wanting to know its stats... lumen output, runtime, etc. Could someone please fill me in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
As of today, SureFire has not released any stats on the KL4, runtime, lumen output etc. nor is there any release date.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
if you search you'll find plenty of rumor and speculation.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Why search for a rumor?

How about an hour of regulated run time and 65 lumens out the front end when the lens cap is off? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if the new KLs will sport the "warm" luxeons...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well according to the SF2003 catalogue, the new KLx range should put out 80 - 100 lumens. No idea how close the final released version will be, but you can bet it WILL be a quality product.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
I wonder if the new KLs will sport the "warm" luxeons...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well depending on thermal considerations, I would expect warm initially to darn near hot after a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I retract my rumor above as Al obviously has the inside track and I think his numbers sound better. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For reasons of a personal bad habit, I was fond of the proto I tried that had the pizeo spark and butane chamber but I don't think the production models will sport this feature. I don't think the side mounted compass or digital clock will be retained either. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

- Don

K-T

*Moderator*
[ QUOTE ]
McGizmo said:
(...)For reasons of a personal bad habit, I was fond of the proto I tried that had the pizeo spark and butane chamber (...)- Don

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot believe you missed that. SF did make that specific modell /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
fc265ed8.jpg

McGizmo

Flashaholic
K-T,

I posted about this torch over a year ago in a Cafe thread that received absloutely NO response! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Here is the pic:

surefire-torch.jpg

BTW, it's a great torch! The E1e wouldn't stay taped to the nozel of the torch though....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

- Don

PS. I wonder what the luminous output of this torch is? Think IR equipment could pick it up? I never have calculated runtime but the bezel does get warm to the touch on extended play. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Don,

I must have missed your Cafe thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Also I am not only interested in the luminous output but the throw is very important - must be some new kind of Turbohead, also a runtime chart would be interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
How can you guys always screw up those threads that Al is on the verge of throwing in into the Café - no further KLx for Don and no more of everything for my brother-in-name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

And keep those KLx coming - even only hints /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
The KL4 will be a cool Blonde - the best there is - sexy, super hot, constant, keeps going for longer than you expect. Great to show off to your mates - they will all want her, and other girls will be envious because she's a stunner - bright and you can works wonders with her in your hands. She's your best friend, always there for you; able to shead light onto subjects you're in the dark on and brighten your night whenever you want. You can keep her in your pocket. Control her spending.
She comes on at the touch of her button. Depending on how you fiddle with her rear end she will either come on constantly or not at all...
Such is life my friends.
She loves to power-dress in a cleancut gray suit - expertly tailored.
Of course, she's most likely to be found flat on her back or face down...
The light of your life she is.
Fools are blinded by her stunning smile beaming for all to see when you hold her.
When you look into her crystal clear eye you can see that she reflects deeply of the treasure and wonder of her soul.

Al

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Size15s said:
Where's the Cafe?

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Al found something different - at least for me coffee doesn´t have that "special" thing to it obviously needed for the last enlightning post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Klaus

Ja Mon ! Where´s that Rosta-Frei
cool.gif
Knife - might need it to self-defend myself when Al catches me - see yourself : Rosta-Frei Steel is #1!

Latest posts