Surefire E2D Incandescent replacement to led lamp options?

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
I blew my E2d bulb with rcr123's. I knew it would happen, but figured I should try anyway. :whistle:

I don't feel like spending the $ on the Surefire replacement led head. Besides a Lumans Factory bulb, what are my options? I really want an led, and want to use rechargeable batteries. Do any other heads fit?

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHQ makes a LED head for E series lights for a little less than Surefire. There is usually a E to C Leef adapter for sale on lighthound, but those don't seem to be available. (You could do a malkoff with one of those and a 6P bezel.) Some people here were making a "e-mt" LED tower to fit in E series lights, but they haven't been made for a while. There was one post that hinted maybe they will make more with the new Cree led.

You might want to put a WTB (want to buy) request up in the marketplace and see what people are willing to sell. It could turn up a used e-mt, or a used Surefire conversion head or... who knows what. Maybe a custom head. I got a custom head for a little more or the same price as a Surefire head a couple weeks ago on the Custom BST forum here on cpf.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the information packed response. Disappointing, but information packed!!

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, keep an eye on TNC Products: E2C Adapter.

There are supposed to get a new run in sometime this month or next.

There is also a place out of Hong Kong that offers an E2C - Supreme Co: E2C adapter - the shopping cart doesn't work, but they do answer emails. I haven't done business with them before, so I can't speak to the process personally.

-Trevor

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
OpticsHQ offers two E2 upgrade heads (which will also work when driven by a single cell such as when using an E1 body). There is a dual-mode (low, high) head and a single-mode head.

Make sure that whichever head you get, it is the latest version of the TLS design. Apparently at least for the single-mode head, there is an original design and a new design ( think that the dual-mode head incorporates all of the new design features). The new design is more resistant to the environment than the original one. I have an original E2 upgrade head and it suffers from dust infiltration from about 8 continuous months of pocket carry. In the version of the E2 head that I have, the glass window is clearly not o-ring sealed. Perhaps that is one of the new design features (I don't know, though).

carrot

Flashaholic
Instead of upgrading to LED, try upgrading your bulb. Lumensfactory offers all sorts of bulbs and I'm pretty sure you'll find one designed to run on two 3.7v RCR's.