Looking for suggestions for a keychain light (AAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

highseas

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a good keychain light (using 1 AAA battery) for a friend. Any suggestions? It should be bright enough to "wow" my friend, but cheap enough as well. (He is no flashlight enthusiast, though since I have taken an interest in lights he has bought a few cheap ones to play with, and now he is asking for suggestions).

I would say it should be around $20 (definitely under $30), and again, it should be bright, and of course, it should be able to have a key ring attached to it.

Thanks!

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
You're SOL for a "good" light at that price! Sorry.
The problem is you seem stuck on "brightness" and "wow" factors and you have to be realistic when placing a monetary value on that.

You need to search Deal Extreme (DX) and Kaidomain for the budget indicated. Many seem to report being pleased with that junk, but it's a real crapshoot, so Caveat Emptor.

Toaster

Enlightened
KD Buckle V5 Max is the best you're gonna do with your budget. It's got impressive output, but reliability is still a bit suspect imho.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
This one has a few good write ups, seems very bright for it's size and at just $8.80 including delivery seems like virtually a no brainer :D

[link removed - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
Is there any AAA light that would be only 1-mode and have some 20 lumens with about 3+ hours runtime?

I already got E01, but I'd want something a bit brighter.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bear in mind you either get bombproof, low output high running lights, or DX cheapy stuff, which is super high output, and suspect reliability. If you want anything in the middle, you need to pay more. Unfortunately, there seems to be nothing that sits in the gap of single mode, 20ish lumens for a fairly long time.

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
Is there any AAA light that would be only 1-mode and have some 20 lumens with about 3+ hours runtime?

I already got E01, but I'd want something a bit brighter.

The Streamlight Microstream is pretty good. Oh though its more like about half the run time you seek.

DM51

Flashaholic
There are >300 threads about keychain lights, many of them very recent. They can be found very easily with a simple search. We don't need yet another repetitive thread, so I'm closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.