Jimmy wales please own up

R@ndom

Enlightened
I was reading random stuff and found that wikipedia's owner used a surefire guardian and that he found a "online flashlight community" on surefire's wikipedia page mhm... So jim if you are here please say so otherwise:welcome:

sappyg

Enlightened
well....... it's been rumored that hugo chavez is a closet flashoholic and frequents this board but i can't confirm it.
i'm also told that bill o'reilly lurks around from time to time as Nspin4.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
well....... it's been rumored that hugo chavez is a closet flashoholic and frequents this board but i can't confirm it.

O'reilly is my Hero:D
He's not on the radio anymore though.:candle:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, this is a quote from Jimmy Wales, according to wikipedia:

"The SureFire M6, a super-powerful flashlight. I wanted a brighter flashlight and discovered a subcommunity of flashlight people online, and found that this is the ultimate. It is aesthetically pleasing because it is carved out of aluminum and is very small. It costs 400 bucks."
Since I can't think of any other online flashlight communities (of this size), this must be it. Of course, he never said he registered.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surefire
Under history, it says a little bit more.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to remember someone posting a pic of George Clooney a couple of years ago with a Surefire of some sort. He was deadpanning and shining the light at the camera. Suggestion was he likes flashlights a bit. Maybe he's still around now?

Come on now greenLED, don't be shy. :devil: :sssh:

Anyone got a pic?

As to other famous people, In his autobiography, Spike Milligan owned up to being Nyctophobic ( I think it means VERY afraid of the Dark ) and always carrying a torch around. I suppose most of us really like the dark! Hence my CP name! QED!

Be lucky...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

:crackup::crackup: Oh man...glad I didn`t have a swallow of coffee in my mouth when I read this

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember not long ago a member here was accused of being Prince William....it was funny seeing how people reacted.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember not long ago a member here was accused of being Prince William....it was funny seeing how people reacted.

I remember that, that was this past summer when he was wearing a surefire cap in a photo I think.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
But seriously folks, what part of "respect others" is hard to understand?

If someone wants to be known, I'm sure they would "out" themselves. Until & IF that would ever happen - it would just be WRONG to let that info out!

prof

Enlightened
But seriously folks, what part of "respect others" is hard to understand?

If someone wants to be known, I'm sure they would "out" themselves. Until & IF that would ever happen - it would just be WRONG to let that info out!

Thank you. I value my privacy...and I'm just me. Not that famous handsome dude on...well, never mind. :nana:

Actually this is a very good policy. Let's just let people, whoever they are, enjoy the hobby with us.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually this is a very good policy. Let's just let people, whoever they are, enjoy the hobby with us.
I agree with this statement. Still though, the curiosity is getting to me. I wouldn't recommend their CPF-handles be made public for privacy reasons of course; this would undoubtedly lead to a barrage of PM's and autograph requests I'm sure. Rather, I'm just interested to know which celebrities roam the forums. I just think it's neat to find out what you have in common with famous people, like birthdays and hobbies. If Bill Murray were a flashaholic, I'd sure like to know about it :D

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sigman, I think 'respect others' is precisely what this is about. I too would abhor the deliberate 'Outing' of a famous person on this forum that would preclude their enjoyment of this website and this hobby in the future. I'm sure that none of us want that to happen.

But I am fascinated to think that people I have known, admired and respected through their public life, share something in common with me in my humdrum reality. Logically thinking, it is a no-brainer, of course all people think alike and have the same needs. I like the variety of flashaholics here, long may it contain all types of people good, bad and ugly etc ( I really subscribe to the latter!).

Be lucky.....

Hey - post 1000 - and it seems like only yesterday I joined!!!

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I must admit that I wonder if some of the folks with fantastic collections of custom lights, and maybe a California location, are "celebrities" of some sort. It would be nice if one would allow a mod to drop a hint that they stop by. Unfortunately, that might be considered "bad publicity" in the normal world of non-flashaholics.

Geoff