jetbeam pro 3 IBS discontinued? wtb now?

dtx

Newly Enlightened
i was trying to buy the jetbeam jet3 pro ibs and went to the bugoutusa website and was unable to find it
i emailed them and they say that model has been replaced with the M
so i assume they mean that jetbeam is no longer producing this model? is that correct? if so, do u guys know any reputable dealer to buy this brand new used from?

StarHalo

Flashaholic
If you're going for an everyday/general use light, the ST makes more sense as it has a more balanced flood/throw beam and more pocketable form factor. If you don't need a thrower, it's worth looking in to.

dtx

Newly Enlightened
If you're going for an everyday/general use light, the ST makes more sense as it has a more balanced flood/throw beam and more pocketable form factor. If you don't need a thrower, it's worth looking in to.
i really want a thrower, if i cann't get the jet 3 pro ibs, i am considering the jet 3 pro ultra

bluecrow76

Enlightened
It would appear that the Ultra is the same thing as the PRO, with the options of an 18650 only circuit or a broad voltage circuit. The clip looks different... reversible. Am I missing anything else? It looks like it has the same interface.

Last edited:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
the ST makes more sense as it has a more balanced flood/throw beam and more pocketable form factor

The ONLY downside of the ST, IMHO, is that the beam is quite ringy, but the fact that its an EDC-able thrower makes up for it for me.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ultra is a super-thrower, along the lines of a Dereelight. If you're looking for maximum throw, you're in the right place.

No it's not. Theoretically it should be because it has bigger and deeper reflector. But something went wrong and it's only a little bit better than Pro (but bulkier). Real throwers like Spear or DBS beat it easily.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that 18650-only version is out of stock and they are implementing a wide range circuity just like the Ultra. Hope we can have a wide voltage range III pro ibs.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
I think that 18650-only version is out of stock and they are implementing a wide range circuity just like the Ultra. Hope we can have a wide voltage range III pro ibs.

I just went to Bugout's website and added all four possible configurations of the Ultra (broad voltage & 18650 only, OP & SMO reflector) to the cart without it complaining about anything being out of stock.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
i was trying to buy the jetbeam jet3 pro ibs and went to the bugoutusa website and was unable to find it
i emailed them and they say that model has been replaced with the M
so i assume they mean that jetbeam is no longer producing this model? is that correct? if so, do u guys know any reputable dealer to buy this brand new used from?
Are you sure it was discontinued? All Jetbeam models seem to be available from Bug Out Gear.

dtx

Newly Enlightened
if they have a wide range voltage on the III pro ultra, does that mean it is not regulated and my light will get dimmer and dimmer instead of keeping a constant light output and than just going out?

bluecrow76

Enlightened
if they have a wide range voltage on the III pro ultra, does that mean it is not regulated and my light will get dimmer and dimmer instead of keeping a constant light output and than just going out?

Correct. If you use the wide range voltage light with 2xCR123 you would most likely get a flatter regulation, whereas a single 18650 would be sloping.

dtx

Newly Enlightened
Correct. If you use the wide range voltage light with 2xCR123 you would most likely get a flatter regulation, whereas a single 18650 would be sloping.
so for constant light output i should go with the 18650 option only than right? thanks

dtx

Newly Enlightened
Are you sure it was discontinued? All Jetbeam models seem to be available from Bug Out Gear.
yes, i thought so too but it seems the jetbeam pro III IBS is the only one not shown on their page and they confirmed by email that it is discontinued

bluecrow76

Enlightened
so for constant light output i should go with the 18650 option only than right? thanks

Yep! If you take a look at the reviews selfbuilt did on the various Jetbeam lights, his runtime graphs will show you the runtime profile on various levels:

Jet III PRO ST
Jet II & III PRO IBS

EDIT: Also take a look at his thrower review. The runtime profile of the Lumapower MRV, DBS 2SM and Tiablo A9 are what you would expect from a broad voltage regulator.

Last edited: