Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just registered for CPF after lurking here for several months. I am looking for suggestions on lights that it would be good for me to buy. My current collection includes: a Mag Charger, Maglite 3D cell w/ 4C cells in it, PT Tec 40, PT Aurora, PT Pulsar 2 Opalec Newbeams in MiniMags, 1 white Inretech 2AA, Arc AAA, Infinity Ultra, MiniMag w/ Versulux magmaLED, Dorcy Cool Blue and several other lights. Are there any other types of lights that I *need*?
Thanks for your input!

rodfran

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF! It sounds like you have a pretty good collection started.
I would suggest looking at some of the modded led flashlights.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Look into a MadMax/BadBoy drop-in module for a minimag or a Brinkmann Legend 2AA... You might also want to check out a PT Surge if you haven't gotten one yet.

An E2e may also in order later on, and if you feel you need a very powerful, but somewhat economical light, a Tigerlight or UltraStinger can be looked into. You can also check out some SureFires, like an M3 or C2, but these guys are up there in pricing.

Maybe you can check out a spotlight. However, in the near end-all of lights, you can look into a McCulloch X990. You won't be disappointed.

Either way, get ready for some deflating plastic cards... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Pi Is Blue...

Welcome aboard! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Both fortunately and unfortunately, you will find many, many flashlights that would be "good" for you to buy.

Just enjoy yourself...in the ever-exciting-but-always-agonizing world of flashaholism!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
fc3d9dd8.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Arc AAA and Surefire E2e are minimum requirements for CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I heard all the hoopla over the E2e and wasn't sure why I needed it since I already had a 6P. The E2e is way cool, if you have the money then by all means get yourself one!

Edit: For relatively cheap [~$100] raw power the Tigerlight mentioned earlier is very good. It comes with rechargeable battery and a charger. The FBOP model is a little cheaper, smaller, and is not considered a weapon since it does not have the gas dispenser.

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the throw of the Tigerlight comparable to that of the Mag Charger? Also, are there any pictures of the Tigerlight next to the Mag Charger for size comparisons?

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Magcharger, with the new brighter lamp, will outthrow the Tigerlight, but probably not by much. The TL isn't as narrow of a focus as the MC, but I'd find the beam of the TL more useful. I'd snap a few pictures of the two, but my MC's on loan.