Fenix Lovers! Whats Your Favorite?

Holepuncher

Enlightened
And why?

This may be premature for me since as I dont have any T series yet but a TK11 is on the way. I have a feeling it won't be my favorite simply because of the price.

I do have some E's, L's and P's. Tough choice. Narrowing it down the LD01 is adorable and impressive. It even seriously impresses non-flashaholics. But practical wise and bang for the buck, even though I'll be in the minority, I vote the Fenix E20. Cheap, well made, decent brightness, decent beam (focused) and decent run time.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2D-CE because of its useful beam & tint, its ability to use AA cells, and because of it's efficiency. I'm sure I'd like the L2D Q5 even more, but I don't have one.

To me the L1D is real nice also, but just a bit too big for a single AA light.

Holepuncher

Enlightened

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
L2P. Can't count anymore how many mods I made with this light, it's a great host :)

Riverwind

Newly Enlightened
My favourite is the L2D Q5 no doubt. It's plenty of usable specs. It runs with cheap AA's, has a long runtime, well balanced modes, pure white tint, perfect beam with no Cree rings at all (OP model), decent throw and good spill. Lightweight, excellent quality and comes with a holster and lanyard... Could you get anything else on a flashlight?. I truly love it!. :thumbsup:

Maybe I would consider an extra low mode, that's all.

Last edited:

Holepuncher

Enlightened
NiteCore D10

Nitecore D10: 89mm x 19mm or 3.5in x 0.75in (length x diameter)

Fenix L1d: 3.8 in(L) x 0.8 in(D) or 9.7cm(L) x 2.1cm(D)

Well I guess that might be a noticeable difference in size but not significant. I'll have to get a nitecore D10 and see them in person. I got to see what all this piston crap is about anyway.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My question came out wrong. I cant believe I actually typed that since I have the L2D Q5. I just did not understand why he said it was to big. Someone point me to a significantly smaller single AA light - Fenix or not.

I was saying that the L1D, not the L2D, was a bit big for a single AA light. Not that it's too big to carry, or too big to be useful. I like the Jetbeam C-LE v1 for either pocket carry or neck lanyard carry better because it's smaller, both in diameter and length. Measuring the diameter and height to determine the volume I get the Jetbeam being 26.70 cc and the L1D being 37.25, about a 27% increase.

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Nitecore D10: 89mm x 19mm or 3.5in x 0.75in (length x diameter)

Fenix L1d: 3.8 in(L) x 0.8 in(D) or 9.7cm(L) x 2.1cm(D)

Well I guess that might be a noticeable difference in size but not significant. I'll have to get a nitecore D10 and see them in person. I got to see what all this piston crap is about anyway.

NCD10-1.jpg

Borrowed from selfbuilt here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202436

Holepuncher

Enlightened

Yup. I see the difference. Not a huge difference though. Seems like a nice light though. I might have to get one.

Last edited:

JWP_EE

Enlightened
I have a L2D-CE, LD10, 2X E01, L0D Luxeon, but my favorite is my L0D-CE.
The color is perfect and it just feel so right in my hand.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
And why?

This may be premature for me since as I dont have any T series yet but a TK11 is on the way. I have a feeling it won't be my favorite simply because of the price.

I do have some E's, L's and P's. Tough choice. Narrowing it down the LD01 is adorable and impressive. It even seriously impresses non-flashaholics. But practical wise and bang for the buck, even though I'll be in the minority, I vote the Fenix E20. Cheap, well made, decent brightness, decent beam (focused) and decent run time.

I agree with all of this...other than the I use the E-20 mostly with the beam on wide angle.

Oh, and Marduke...please stop suggesting that other members are stupid :thumbsdow :crackup: