Upgrading Emitter on Inova T4 help

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I would like to upgrade my Inova T4 Emitter. I have disassembled the light, and pulled out the LED/Emitter. I am unsure as to which replacement I should order. I have heard that the P4 is great for this purpose, but I want to be sure and order the correct light. Below are two pictures of the light... I would like to know which emitter is best in this situation to outperform the current light. Also, if you know please specify if it is a drop in replacement or if it requires modification, thanks.

On the back of the LED/Emitter, it is written "SW 94V-0 0804", and on the front it is written "553-0886" with a K on the top left corner, and a A on the bottom right corner.
url%5D

txgp17

Enlightened
This is a different path, but at the Show Show, a lady from Inova said I could send my brother's 125 lumens T4 back to be upgraded to the present lumen rating, for $40.

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, Ill keep that in mind... But I am pretty set on replacing the emitter myself to an even better one because I have already put in so much work just to take it apart.

So Id appreciate if someone could chime in and let me know which emitter works for this light. The Battery Pack says Lithium Ion, 3.6V/2150 mAH and is a little bit bigger then two cr123's together.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple of things:

Could you post a close-up of the front of the LED?
It looks like there's a circuit board in the switch. Could you measure the voltage and current being supplied to the LED?

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Hey, on the Highest power setting I am getting 5.98 volts, and on the lower power I am getting 4.82 volts, and on the strobe setting I am getting between 4.97-5.0 volts. I am unsure as to how I can measure the current with this setup.

Here are a few pictures, I am having difficulty in getting the lighting right

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I was under the assumption that it was the earlier model, I cannot remember exactly when I bought the light, but I am pretty sure it was in mid-2007. There is a number on the light that says CA1245, but that is the only marking seen anywhere on the light.

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I feel stupid, but it turns out my Inova T4 is the 2008 model. After taking the damned thing apart and scratching up the head on the light it was a waste of time. I guess now I am in search of a light with more "throw". Atleast i did not damage the lense or reflector or anything so the light still works well. Sorry for the confusion

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
It looks like your bezel is Black Aluminum just like my 2008 model. I believe (though I'm not sure) all of the 2007 models had a stainless steel bezel.

If you want something with just a little more throw the E2DL is a favorite of mine. If you want something with a lot more throw you may need to look elsewhere.

Bill

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
Well the serial number on mine starts with the letter "C". I called up Inova and they informed me that only the 2008 model serial numbers on the T4's start with the letter "C". Bingo... And yes my bezel is Black Aluminum.

Im actually going to just keep the light mounted in my truck on the charger for general use because I really like the light (durability, 3-function output, battery life, brightness)... Im just going to look for a light with more throw in a similar size for work instead. Thanks for all of the help

Last edited:

vsglobal

Newly Enlightened
Don't give up! We're all running T4s in our shops and would love to upgrade them to some of the BIG numbers that malkoff devices is producing. Hopefully, someone will come up with a drop-in for us.