Lumapower Incendio, switch problem

paulsl

Enlightened
I returned a Lumapower Incendio because the forward switch had so much travel to click on and was kind of tough. Momentary needed more than normal pressure too. The replacement is exactly the same! Any other Incendio owners have this problem? I'd like to know if this is typical or did this dealer get a bad batch? It is so nice otherwise. Thanks for any input.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the switch of my Incendio has a rather long travel but surely not longer than other flashlights. The only small problem I find with the Incendio as well as with the Connexion is that because the switch is flush with the body you can not use the thumb like in the lights with a protruding switch. I use to switch them on with the tip of the forefinger.

paulsl

Enlightened
I have a Connexion as well and while the switch seems the same and is flush, as you say, the Incendio's is noticeably harder to press and difficult while the Connexion is fine. It seems as though, in your experience, the Incendio's is no firmer. Is that right? Thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have just checked them both but can't tell the difference between the two: the switch action appears to be identical.

You can try and put a droplet of thin oil into the small holes you see under the spring at the bottom of the body. This has been recently suggested in some other thread concerning a faulty switch but I don't remember if there was any feedback.

paulsl

Enlightened
Thanks. I'm looking but I only see one hole right under and dead center under the tail cap spring. Is that it? Thx.
I have just checked them both but can't tell the difference between the two: the switch action appears to be identical.

You can try and put a droplet of thin oil into the small holes you see under the spring at the bottom of the body. This has been recently suggested in some other thread concerning a faulty switch but I don't remember if there was any feedback.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both my lights are very early ones and there's no hole under the spring but four tiny holes around its base.

Use a very limited amount of oil to avoid an excessive spread of it. This was the topic I was referring to earlier and as you can see the suggestion was to use deoxit but I believe that in your case a thin film of oil is more appropriate since the light is working and the switch is stiff.