Not What I Expected

Katdaddy

Enlightened
I bought a MN02 bulb off B/S/T the other day to try out in one of my E2Es to see how the lower output looked. I put the bulb in and went outside to compare. I can't see any difference between the MN02 and the MN03. I tried with two different lights with the MN03 installed with the same results. What's going on with that????

Yoda4561

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you using fresh batteries? Once they're drained past a certain point the lower power lamp will be brighter than the high power lamp. If they've been partially drained you may be at the "break even" point where they match up in output. I can't remember since I haven't had an incandecent E2 in years, but maybe the high output bulb is more floody? Alot of surefire's HO lamp assemblies have more light in the spillbeam but the hotspot intensity is similar and sometimes less than the standard bulb.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference is the size of the hotspot. The MN03 in my guesstimate has a hotspot 3 times as large in terms of surface area illuminated as compared to the MN02. They both throw about the same. The MN02 is my favorite E2x lamp!