One good thing about DirectTV

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
They seem to be doing some interesting series/shows free & witout commercials on their channel 101. Various musical performances. They did the whole 3rd season months ago of Friday Night Lights.

Now they are running another show called Wonderland by the same director, Peter Berg, that was made in 1990 for ABC, but only ran two episodes. I very much enjoyed the first episode.

Next up is a Showtime series called Sleeper Cell which I never saw, also on DirectTv 101 starting next week. Not sure if this will be the whole season one, but season two started on Showtime last month.

Patriot

Flashaholic
I'm on Cox at my house but next time I'm over at the folks house I'll set the DVR to check it out.

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. Last time I checked Cox(or any cable) was the most expensive, then Direct, then Dish.
I had to give up Dish for financial reasons and may never go back to it.
I'm convinced that the Internet will be the home of any TV that is not a local broacast and I think others have that feeling. Samsung's new line of HDTV has an Ethernet port and works with Yahoo widgets. Hulu.com can use these.
Hulu is free, carries a ton of movies, as well as old and new TV shows.
All the commercials let you click through and open a web site with more detail. At the same time they pause your video. There are basically three types. 15 second, 30 second, or three minutes at the start of the show and none during. You can't go to the bathroom during a 30 second commercial. You can learn more if you want and "they" will have good stats on who wants what.
HULU can probably make more with a $10.00 a month premium selection than the others do with their high end selections. For starts it costs $10,000,000.00 a year just to rent the space a synchronous satellite sits in.