"Nice" lights smaller than Fenix E01?

odessit

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a very small light to put on a keychain (this is for my dear wify). Something that would look nice, slick and elegant. She is fussy about this sort of stuff :poke:
AAAA or even stack of mini-button cells would probably be the best.

I like the quality and the looks of LD01 stainless steel edition, but it is simply too big for a keychain.
theshorelinemarket_2037_8323222

What else is out there in a similar style?

• Nice looking
  • Smallest possible size
  • Battery - AAA is the max size, smaller - better.
  • Output - enough for emergency inside an office building / garage
  • Runtime - 30 min is fine
  • Price - ~$100
E01 - is Ok, with below average looks. Something even smaller would be nice. Or maybe a stainless steel E01 :)

She already has TK20 in her car.

Thanks in advance.

nbp

Flashaholic
You find a SS E01, put me down for one or two!! ;) :paypal:

How about a Lummi Wee??? Pretty tiny; pick your metal, pick your output, put in some trits and you've got a pretty sexy keychain light!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
blow the budget... la petite killer ;)

Alternatively peak might do something? Get their number off their website and phone them up about it.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Streamlight KeyMate, Streamlight Nano, Photon Freedom Micro, Photon X-Light Micro, Photon ReX would be my top recommendations in the sub-$100 cost. I love the flexibility of the Photon UI though admittedly they do not look that "slick" to me. You and your wife might feel otherwise, though (especially with some of the fashion bodies of the Photon Freedom Micro) so I figured I should toss those out as possibilities.

If you want nice looking and are willing to up the price range, look into a Draco or Drake by modamag. The Draco, by far, is the slickest looking light I own in a small form factor. :thumbsup: Also in the over $100 range but also very slick looking (though I do not own one myself... yet...) is a Muyshondt Aeon. Runs on a CR2 cell so it is shorter albeit fatter than an E01.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
is she fussy about the weight as well? i got an ultrafire WF602C AAA for my girlfriend and she found it too HEAVY! :ohgeez: eventually i got her a Sterops 3 x AG3 button cell tiny light. The brightness is at most 10-15 lumens as opposed to the 60 lumens from the ultrafire but she likes it for the weight. I got direct from the manufacturer at "keen-importer-sample-price", still have 2 sets of all 3 colors (red, black, silver) for sale at the purchased price + $5 for shipping anywhere.

The specs are:
3 x AG3 (30 hour runtime)
Water-proof

scottaw

Enlightened
If the Eo1 is too big, you should look at a fauxton or something simple, lighthound has nice ones for a buck, can't go wrong there. My wife loves hers, rarely even pulls the p2d out of her purse anymore.

brucec

Enlightened
You definitely want to check out PhotonFanatic's La Petit Killer. Small watch battery powered, super small, optional AAA battery tube option, and Ti bling all in one. He even has one for the ladies in PVD pink. Designed and made by arguably the most artistic of the custom makers.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/210790

Forget about the Wee, Raw, Drake, and Draco unless your wife is willing to use rechargeable Li-ion batteries.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Since people are posting size comparison pics, here's one with the Streamlight Nano on the left and modamag's Draco on the right with a couple of AAA batteries to offer a size reference:

P1040635.jpg

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
if you want AAA batteries the arc AAA or arc *clone* AAA is about as small as you are going to get. anything smaller would have to us smaller batteries and if you don't want a larger diameter that limits you to mostly button cells as all the 3v lithium cells are larger than a AAA cell in diameter.
My arc clone light comes half way up the knurled part on the fenix LD01 and the diameter (max) of the head is less than a AA battery and I estimate is weighs about half as much.

odessit

Newly Enlightened
Oooo guys, thanks for all of the options! I did not even realized the abundance of mini-lights out there.
la petite killer - perfect name, fits my dear just by the name alone :crackup:
I'll be probably purchasing one of the the lights early next week, and eah, depending on the light - budget is flexible.