Princeton Tec EOS- Wow! :)

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
Have been trail running with my new Petzl Myo XP. Orderered a PT EOS to hold in my hand for depth. Wow. This light is just as bright as the Petzl and I spent 30 dollars on it. I like them both. Just can't believe how bright the EOS is. It's deceiving since the EOS is stated at 50 lumens and the MYO XP at 80. I really think they are very very close in output. Good headlamp.

todd

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EOS is a great headlamp, I think the beam pattern is perfect and it's super light and compact. Just curious, why you bought a headlamp to hold tho?

todd92371

Newly Enlightened
That is a good question. I like to use it on my head at night when cooking dinner on hiking trips or for around camp. I then use it wrapped in my hand while hiking. Always have the option of moving it to the noggin if I need my hands also. I really like the way the beam down low creates more definition. Makes the walking so much easier for me. This headlamp is so so awesome. I did a night run last night and it did such a great job. I like the way it lights up the woods at night.

todd

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's where I'm confused. There is an EOSR out there using a rebel has a frosted window and two modes. Then, there is the EOS which doesn't seem to have a frosted window and has four modes. This new 50 lumen EOS uses the rebel too?

Thanks Woods_Walker! I ordered the lamps so will actually be able to answer myself in a couple weeks. :)

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Yes the frosted optic/50 lumen EOS is the newer Rebel LED. The clear optic is the older 21 lumen. The newer EOS has a better tint (in most cases but the lottery is still on going) and a great mix of flood and throw. You want the newer EOSR. But the newer Rebel EOS comes in both 2-mode work light and a 4-mode hiking model. I own both and check out my EOS review on CPF.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211817

Last edited:

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the 4 mode EOS with the newer 50 lumen LED. I know it is a Rebel, I am just wondering what the light spectrum is spec'ed at as it is a nice color tint and I would like to find other lights using a similar spectrum.

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will also add as I was watering the grass tonight with my EOS 4 mode, the low level is still fairly bright. I am surprised it gets this amount of run-time (121 hours) for this amount of light off of just 3-AAAs. Amazing. I almost wish there was a lower low so I'd get even better runtimes. Well I will have to look forward to the Zebralight for the lower low then even though it's a AA headlamp.

woodentsick

Enlightened
Have been trail running with my new Petzl Myo XP. Orderered a PT EOS to hold in my hand for depth. Wow. This light is just as bright as the Petzl and I spent 30 dollars on it. I like them both. Just can't believe how bright the EOS is. It's deceiving since the EOS is stated at 50 lumens and the MYO XP at 80. I really think they are very very close in output. Good headlamp.

todd

Seriously? The EOS is as bright as the Petzl Myo XP?

That completely changes my view of Petzl being an excellent headlamp manufacturer, now I just consider it standard and Princeton Tec is excellent!! :)