• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: USL - Ultimate Stealth Light **5th Price Drop**

StrayLight

Enlightened
FS: USL - Ultimate Stealth Light

USL (Ultimate Stealth Light) WITHDRAWN
The light with which you can incinerate paper or fry an egg. A legend in CPF history and an early benchmark in ultra high power incandescent Mag mods: 3500+ lumens (~12 min runtime), much of which is infrared radiation, hence the burning of nearby objects. As new condition, 2D Mag body, guarded switch, custom heatsink, custom battery pack, charging harness, and four spare bulbs.

lights%20%26%20tools%20179.jpg

lights%20%26%20tools%20180.jpg

lights%20%26%20tools%20181.jpg

I could include Kiu's LP bezel (pictured below) for $25 more, if you're so inclined.
lights%20%26%20tools%20087.jpg

I do not have a charger for this light, and the battery pack will need to be charged before it can be safely (for the longevity of the battery pack) fired up. I bought this beast with a Tenergy charger from fellow CPFer Walt175, but the charger broke and Walt was in the process of getting me a warranty replacement when he passed away last year. The battery charging harness is tagged 8.9A, IIRC, so a Tenergy, Triton or other charger would have to charge at that setting for this pack.

Trade options, cash +/- to balance:
*LunaSol 20, second wave (RCR compatible driver), user preferred
*2 AW "C" cells
*McGizmo Nichia UV LE

Prices include priority shipping with delivery confirmation in the CONUS (insurance & international shipping extra). Paypal and money order accepted domestically, Paypal from "verified" buyers in US funds required for international sales. No e-check. No fees for Paypal. Postal insurance is your only recourse in the unlikely event that a package goes missing, and is therefore highly recommended.

Thanks for looking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SOLD Mac's Sceptre, the sub 1-D Mag mod par excellence (translation: awesome shorty Mag). Two levels: 350 lumens for 4+ hours and 1100 lumens for 1+ hour. As new condition, this one is from an earlier run with (7) white Cree Q5 WC emitters, 10A engraved two-stage tailswitch, fivemega battery holder, and six Tenergy RCR123s with only a few charges on them. Download's MagRing2 is included plus your choice of stock bezel or one of two custom stainless steel versions.

Sceptre with Kiu SS VL bezel with glow powder: $460 $450 $440 SOLD

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Re: Mag Mods FS: Mac's Sceptre & the USL **Now with Pics**

Bump with pics and info added.

I forgot to mention the MagRing installed on the Sceptre, which I'm including.

Also, the charging figure for the USL is, I think, 8.9A not 8-9v. This is from memory off the tag on the charging harness, which is around here somewhere. Ideally, any questions about the care and feeding of the USL should be directed to js, who designed and built the battery packs for this light.

SpeedPRO

Enlightened
Re: Mag Mods FS: Mac's Sceptre & the USL **2nd Price Drop, Pics Added**

I'll take it, PM me where to PP. Thanks

StrayLight

Enlightened
Re: FS: USL - Ultimate Stealth Light **2nd Price Drop, Pics Added**

Thanks, SpeedPRO.

I'm a little sorry to see it go. Enjoy.

StrayLight

Enlightened
Re: FS: USL - Ultimate Stealth Light **3rd Price Drop**

Bump with another price drop.

Not to rub salt in the wounds of all those who ordered their own USL from the "last" run, and never got theirs, but this one is here and ready to go. All you need is a charger to top off the battery pack. Start fires, cook a meal, light up your entire street... all from an unassuming 2D Mag body, hence the "Stealth" name. Impress your friends and give them a suntan. BTW, I will not be held responsible for anything or anyone you happen to shine this light on. With great (lumen) power comes great responsibility.

That I don't want to invest in yet another charger is the only reason I'm not keeping this light.

Pontiaker

Enlightened

Iam interested but where would I get the correct charger and how much will it cost?
Thanks
Matt

StrayLight

Enlightened

The USL name in the OP is hyperlinked to a list of USL threads, which include how to charge this beast. Details are given for two chargers, Triton and HiTec, neither of which I have personal experience with. What came with this USL when I bought it, and turned out to be broken, was a simple Tenergy charger (I can't remember the model) that had 0.9A and 1.2A settings IIRC. As I mentioned before, Walt was trying to get the broken charger replaced when he passed. I think the Tenergy model would be in the $20-$30 range. The person to ask is js, who designed and built the battery packs for the USL. I don't have a recommendation as to where to buy a new charger.

I hope that helped.

Last edited: