• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

GDuP pulsing on a new Aleph MC?

edseas2

Newly Enlightened
Howdie.

I'm new to the McGizmo stuff and I love the new Aleph MC I just purchased. I noticed that sometimes after playing with the light it sometimes "pulses" or the light seems to "breath" on its own and I wondered if this was normal?

Many thanks and also what is the best McGizmo spot light too please?

Thanks,

Ed

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi ed,
As PSM suggests, you might want to inquire in the shoppe forum in regards to the GDuP as Wayne is the expert on the driver. However, the Aleph MC uses a McClickie switch and if you are setting the light down, off, it should stay off?!?! :shrug: :thinking:

If it is not staying off then my first suspicion is that there is something not right with the clickie switch or its installation. Does the switch show a hair trigger behavior when it is activated or do you need to obviously depress the button some before you get momentary on?

The battery chamber by design is sealed from the outside atmosphere and I can imagine that under the right circumstances, you could end up with a partial vacuum inside (relative to external pressure) which would cause the boot so suck in and possibly activate the clickie switch. I have not encountered this situation but it does seem to be a possibility. If that is what is happening, if you loosen the head completely and then reinstall, you would be leaving the light with a slightly positive internal pressure.

On the face of it, what you have described is not "normal" but I am not sure what the condition is that you have tried to describe.