Need help with LF3XT

Budman231

Enlightened
Can someone tell me if there is an O ring between the reflector and lens ?

I took my lf3xt head apart and think i may have lost an oring.

When i put it back together it is screwing down to far and wont make contact with battery tube.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bud

Last edited:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes there is. I haven't ever taken mine apart, but can see and feel one with a needle. Your's must have fallen somewhere. Do the extra o-rings that are included look like they'd fit?

Edit: Scratch that. It's between the lens and the outer rim of the light head. Sorry.
There doesn't appear to be one between the reflector and the lens.

I'll delete my first response after I'm sure you read my correction.

Last edited:

madi05

Enlightened
heres how it is ,, the oring first and then the lens and then the reflector

basically the oring is in between the bezel and the glass lens and the reflector flushes up against the lens with no oring ,, if u go to my thread about the lf3xt vs. uf a1 u will see that bright orange oring i installed in place of where the original black one goes , that should visiably show u where the only oring is at that end

so the answer to your question , is there is no oring between the lens and reflector,, but there is a oring between the bezel and lens

hope this helps

madi05

h2oflyer

Enlightened
Bud

There are four O-rings as spares. Of the three larger ones , one is slightly larger than than the other two.

I think the larger one is for the bezel /lens interface and the other two are for front and rear of battery tube.

I understand if AR coating is on inside surface only it is allmost impossible to tell which side should be out. I mark mine on outside with a felt tip mark before I take it out.

Walter

Budman231

Enlightened
Guys thanks a lot. Guess im better at flowcharts. :)

I did put a nice glow ring around the LED. Looks very cool.

My Lf3xt is all better now.

Bud

Last edited:

Budman231

Enlightened
heres how it is ,, the oring first and then the lens and then the reflector

basically the oring is in between the bezel and the glass lens and the reflector flushes up against the lens with no oring ,, if u go to my thread about the lf3xt vs. uf a1 u will see that bright orange oring i installed in place of where the original black one goes , that should visiably show u where the only oring is at that end

so the answer to your question , is there is no oring between the lens and reflector,, but there is a oring between the bezel and lens

hope this helps

madi05

If you dont mind me asking, where did you get the orange orings ?

Bud

Budman231

Enlightened
Where do you guys get your coloured O-rings and glow rings ?

Walter

I mix up epoxy and v10 green glow powder. The place it carefully around the led. Once it hardens it looks like an oring. The epoxy hardens to shiney smooth finish. The LED charges the powder and it glows bright. Very cool and i learned it from GreenLED.

madi05

Enlightened
yep i did that to my a1 uf ,, if u look in the pics u can see where to apply it, however the glow inc. stuff doesnt glow long imo,, on my lf3xt i will use superluminova

i got my orange oring at dx

madi05