CR2 lights

Southernlight

Enlightened
I have a small stock of CR2 batteries, it would be good to put them to use, and was wondering what options I have for CR2 power LED lights? I know of the Muyshondt Aeon and Jil Light are CR2 powered, what else is currently out there? :thinking:

Something with a low of less than 5 lumens and any other max over 30 would be great but I'd consider anything.

Suggestions? :shrug: Thank you.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's what I'm talkin' about. This guy really does belong here... wants to know what light to buy so that he can use some batteries!

:nana:

The Surefire Titan uses a CR2. You already named the Aeon and it would be my choice hands down for CR2 lights; it is outstanding.

Southernlight

Enlightened
That's what I'm talkin' about. This guy really does belong here... wants to know what light to buy so that he can use some batteries!

:nana:

The Surefire Titan uses a CR2. You already named the Aeon and it would be my choice hands down for CR2 lights; it is outstanding.

Hhahaha LOL :laughing:, thanks Goatee, make sense to me, the lights are cheap, its feeding them that cost money! :mecry:

greenLED

Flashaholic
What we need is a 2xCR2 light. You don't see a lot of those (I know about the disadvantages, yadayadayada, but why not?)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orb Raw and I think Orb has a couple other CR2 lights - but they actually run full tilt on RCR2's - that is brighter but you'll get longer runtime out of them on CR2's. There's an Amilite Cuty right now on CPFM - it uses CR2's. Jil's are great if you can find one. Firefly's had a CR2 battery tail available. There was a custom CR2 tail even for the Arc LS lights. I think Peakledsolutions has several CR2 based lights. There's also some cheapies at Dealextreme. CR2 Ion and a couple others I believe by Endeavor. Lotsa' ways to use those volts up :D

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use an Aleph 1.5xCR123 (17500) body on a KX2. It can take 2xCR2 or 2xRCR2. It may need a tiny magnet spacer.
greenLED said:
What we need is a 2xCR2 light.
I like my Jil for eating up CR2 primaries. I do wish I had a Orb Raw. I like the simple two stage.

Last edited:

prime77

Enlightened
A nice cheap one is the Colemean MAXX. If liked it so far. It has no low however.

084.jpg

005-1.jpg

paulr

Flashaholic
I have a Fenix L1P that another cpf'er modded to run on 2xcr2 with a cranked up Seoul led. But, 2xcr2 is generally not that sensible a combination since if you're not trying to make the smallest possible light, you might as well use 123's.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Liteflux LF4 is a reasonably priced, nice CR2 light.

With the same circuit as the better known LF2 it has two main levels which you can program to your liking plus a third one that is just a couple of twists away. :cool:

I bought one in late 2007 and I can say that it really fits into any pocket. :)

carrier82

Newly Enlightened
Ultrafire WF606A runs on 1xCR2 and has extension tube for 2AA in case you run out of CR2 batteries. Q5 version is out (DX sku.14909) and the Q5 version is coming for BessieBenny's review. He reviewed the P4 version here I guess for $20 (shipping included) it might be worth trying. Remember to add "~r.29749062" to DX product url to contrubute BessieBenny's reviews.
DX sku.14909 with BessieBenny's referral

The Sun

Enlightened
+1 for the Aeon R2, and Aleph w/ CR2 pack. the AmiLite Cuty is awesome, but there's no low, however i've been running it on otherwise dead CR2 cells w/ 140lm output for about a week :D.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
although i'm into AAA light now, for a long time it was CR2 'lights.

one of my very favorites was the Firefly 2 CR2

not only is it beautifully made, it's incredibly flexible.

i loved the fact that it was "owner adaptable".

i could instantly swap out electronics, LEDs, reflectors, lenses, optics, battery holders (CR2 and 123), heatsinks, hi/lows...

plus it can be run on all sorts of CR2 batteries....

and best of all, part are still readily available from the Sandwich Shoppe !!!!

i sold it to CPF'er leadfoot and he recently mentioned that he was thinking of finding it a new home.

if you'd like it, you might contact leadfoot and talk with him.

here's a pix i took of it a while back-

FF2-CR2pixA.jpg

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like a CR2 light designed more like a Fenix P1, just smaller (but similar in price). Twistee to take advantage of size. I would prefer the light designed for a CR2's smaller dimensions, not a 123 light with a CR2 tube; that's what eliminates lights like the Cuty for me. Two output levels only, but even a single one would be ok for me.

Waiting for another run of Raw AL's for primary cells. A Jil would be great too, but I can't figure out how to get one with a modern emitter. There are a couple of great looking CR2 lights available as mentioned above, but I don't want to pay 160 bucks for them. I also don't want one designed only for li-ion; they tend to drive the led far hotter than is practical, limiting runtime to only a few minutes at a time.

My .02 pesos

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just checked a few translated Korean sites for Jil; there's a Jil direct drive called "long run" that I'd like, but cannot figure out how to order, even with the translation.

:duh2: