Upgrading from a Nano RCR123 charger

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
and... what are you going to do w/your old one? :D

I was under the impression that the Pila charger was the best one.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the Pila IBC charger. It is very safe and not overly pricey. One particularly good feature is that it terminates charging at a certain voltage so if you forget to take them out you will not run the risk of an unfortunate event. It is also a good idea to use quality cells in the charger as well. AW cells are popular around here and are safe to use in the IBC.

HEY HEY ITS HENDO

Enlightened
whoa, i love my nano charger!!
its easy and simple, and works a treat!,
why would you consider it not a "real" charger, or an alternative as an "upgrade"?
of course only unless you need to charge multiple batteries at the same time....
...but for single use, i`m not sure it can be beaten!

coppertrail

Enlightened
If you don't want to drop the $ on a Nano, consider the WF-139, its only around $13 shipped from DealExtreme. Throw in a set of aluminum spacers and you'll have no problem charging RCR123A cells.

I own both the Pila and the WF-139 and find myself using both.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perhaps a bit of a hijack, but my question kind of relates to the OP's topic. At present, I own both the Pila IBC and the Nano. I am considering raising some funds to make an Aeon purchase and was wondering everyone's thoughts on selling the Pila on Marketplace and keeping the Nano. The only rechargeables I use are AW IMR16340's and AW protected 16340's. Of course I do have a few 18650's for an MZP7-3 but am planning on eventually migrating that particular head to an M3 body for use with 3xIMR16340's and cutting out the 18650's altogether. I know I'll probably only get ~$35 out of the Pila, but every extra $$ counts.

So my question is: other than the Pila's automatic charging cutoff, is there any other reasons to keep it over the Nano? Sorry for the long lead up. :eek:

Flenser

Newly Enlightened
So my question is: other than the Pila's automatic charging cutoff, is there any other reasons to keep it over the Nano? Sorry for the long lead up. :eek:

My understanding is that the Pila won't charge the smaller batteries, such as the 10180 that goes in the Wee, and perhaps the 14250 that goes in the Raw.

That's one possible reason to hang on to the Nano, if you have any of those batteries or lights.