Question for SF Titan owners

DimmerD

Enlightened
So do you use it as your EDC or is it a shelf queen?
I am looking at the new T1A and want to know if I will think it's too pretty to put to everyday use. I know the original was limited edition but the it doesn't specifically state that the T1A will be limited. However the lightning rarely strikes twice comment insinuates that it will be.
Hmmm, just may preorder one now while the wife is out and can't see me getting my credit card! SHHHHH.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
EDC on my keychain since it came out.

The T1A is not a collectible limited edition like the T1, so the pain of using it is diminished as a replacement can be had for the same price whenever you want. If you are a collector, that is.
If you aren't, use your lights. It is fun actually :D

bernie

DimmerD

Enlightened
Thanks, just pre-ordered one for my keychain! The original used CR2's (I think) so this ones gonna be a tad bigger with CR123's, shouldn't be that much bigger though. This will be my second Surefire and probably the last when the wifey-poo finds out how much it was! :D

Kiessling

Flashaholic
It has a lug instead of the complicated rear end of the T1, so the size will be very close I guess.

Last edited:

zx7dave

Enlightened
A mixture of shelf queen with EDC only becasue I rotate my EDC's based on what I am doing that are very day...several of my EDC's have very specif functions such as runtime, output, size, carry method, and battery type (disposable vs rechargeable).
So the Titan gets used for about 30% of my EDC time. This number would be higher if the output of the light was higher.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC two small lights, the Titan has been with me every day since I got it, the second light is a different one every week or so. :cool: