Safe to get a SF M2 from Ebay?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to get a M2 (as it is the best looking SF light) and drop a Malkoff P60 into it.

These are the best price I've found, they are NIB but i wonder if anyone had problems with fakes ebay surefires? The first Seller has 16k+ and 100% feedback.

SF M2 Centurion: $145 and $115

Recommendations plase :D

Illum

Flashaholic
Ebay made a mistake of changing their policies that only allows positive ratings to show up...basically destroying the reason ratings exist.

second, I have not heard of fake M2s before...

third, disregard the rates, good ratings reflect how well the transaction is managed, even if the product was a fake the buyer [if not from CPF] certainly couldn't tell the difference

fourth, the buyer has to run a risk regardless, if the price is unusually cheaper, expect some cosmetic blemishes even if its labeled new condition. if the price falls way below MSRP, I'd stay away from it until you are able to establish contact with the seller and get enough info out of him to buy it securely

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Ebay made a mistake of changing their policies that only allows positive ratings to show up...basically destroying the reason ratings exist.

second, I have not heard of fake M2s before...

third, disregard the rates, good ratings reflect how well the transaction is managed, even if the product was a fake the buyer [if not from CPF] certainly couldn't tell the difference

fourth, the buyer has to run a risk regardless, if the price is unusually cheaper, expect some cosmetic blemishes even if its labeled new condition. if the price falls way below MSRP, I'd stay away from it until you are able to establish contact with the seller and get enough info out of him to buy it securely

x2....

FWIW I got mine on ebay and am happy with the transaction. It came completely boxed and packed with all documents, accessories, cells and 2x LAs.

Doesn't their no negative feedback only apply to buyers?.... AFAIK you can still leave negative FB for sellers?. (its been a while since Ive sold on ebay though)

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm fairly sure there were some fake M2's rather recently. But if you are dealing with a seller that is 100% positive feedback and they have been around more than a few months you'll probably be getting the real thing. Ebay has made a lot of changes since Meg left and all the changes are for the worse IMO. I wish Google would start an online auction place - they'd do it right.

Illum

Flashaholic
x2....
Doesn't their no negative feedback only apply to buyers?.... AFAIK you can still leave negative FB for sellers?. (its been a while since Ive sold on ebay though)

I'm not sure, there was a whole thread on it somewhere, I don't have the details but I know it repelled me away from Ebay when I saw it, that and its paypal only I think, no more money orders. I don't have paypal so...:poke:

gsxrac

Enlightened
Well the negative ratings DO show up hence the reason somebody wouldnt have 100% but really I buy a TON of stuff on Ebay and have only had one or two problems and contacted the seller and they immediatley fixed the problem. just DONT leave feedback till you get your stuff and theyll do everything in their power to get you to leave them positive feedback. Believe me my gf had something arrive dammaged from the way the seller packaged it and she left him negative feedback with a bad comment and the next day he called her and was begging her to change it and she said no its f'd up. so he shipped her a new one and packaged the hell out of it so it wouldnt get damaged lol. And if anything goes wrong just call paypal or even better your bank and tell them to cancel the transaction. Good luck!

ICUDoc

Enlightened
It is hard to know until you get the stuff in your hands. I bought one on Ebay at a good price from a guy called baddad2008, and everything was great- I love it. OTOH unless you know someone else who used the buyer you are considering it is really about chance. Good luck.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm planning to get a M2 (as it is the best looking SF light) and drop a Malkoff P60 into it.

These are the best price I've found, they are NIB but i wonder if anyone had problems with fakes ebay surefires? The first Seller has 16k+ and 100% feedback.

SF M2 Centurion: $145 and $115

Recommendations plase :D
Look for a seller called "outletamerica" located in Boston, Massachusetts. He's got extremely positive feedback and ships faster than anybody else.

EDITED: It's the same guy from your 1st link, he's totally reliable, go ahead and pull the trigger.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish Google would start an online auction place - they'd do it right.

Don't worry, someone's bound to. There's too much money out there to ignore and they'll take ebay down in a heartbeat. They're greedy as shi* and completely ignore their customers unless they make money on them. ie, if you have a complaint and they have nothing to win, they don't even reply.

One of the shi*tiest companies I've dealt with. I wish I had the money, i would have out competed them years ago.

mdocod

Flashaholic
i did order one from http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.14224
i will let you know guys when i get it

I looked over the pictures of that volumerate M2 compared to the picts at SFs website, there are some minor but obvious differences. enough to tell me it is likely a counterfeit body....

We know that SF doesn't even offer an M2 with a "235" lumen "cree" LED modules in a genuine stock form, so that alone is a sort of giveaway to the scam, but there are a number of tother things, like the "accents" on the bezel, and the length of the tailcap and length of the knurling on the tailcap, and the "font" of the text on the side of the light, and the red o-rings... it all adds, up. It's a rip-off.

bullterrier

Enlightened
I looked over the pictures of that volumerate M2 compared to the picts at SFs website, there are some minor but obvious differences. enough to tell me it is likely a counterfeit body....

We know that SF doesn't even offer an M2 with a "235" lumen "cree" LED modules in a genuine stock form, so that alone is a sort of giveaway to the scam, but there are a number of tother things, like the "accents" on the bezel, and the length of the tailcap and length of the knurling on the tailcap, and the "font" of the text on the side of the light, and the red o-rings... it all adds, up. It's a rip-off.

i dident think that i will get a genuine SF M2 for $60.20.
but it maybe a good/deasent clone

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
i dident think that i will get a genuine SF M2 for $60.20.
but it maybe a good/deasent clone

Add to that $22 for shipping and its a further rip.

On the other hand there is no other way to get an M2-shaped body that will fit an 18650 cell. The CPF mod community might be able to help, but I have never seen one done before. I have thought about buying this fake, so I can use 18650s in my M2, but morally/ethically I just can't get myself past the guilt of it all.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add to that $22 for shipping and its a further rip.

On the other hand there is no other way to get an M2-shaped body that will fit an 18650 cell. The CPF mod community might be able to help, but I have never seen one done before. I have thought about buying this fake, so I can use 18650s in my M2, but morally/ethically I just can't get myself past the guilt of it all.

That light does actually fit a 18650, it was available at DX for few days before it was removed, and there was a pic showing a UF 18650 inside.

I really wanted to order it but due to the fact that I dont have any SF, it doesn't make sense to get a fake as my first SF light.