The Fenix-Store        
Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414445464748495051
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1515

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

  1. #1501

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Brinkmann made a 3 cell AA minimag type light called TriMax. I put a lamptronix bulb from an F-14 fighter jet in mine. But a Streamlight Strion bulb can work.
    You may luck up and actually find some TriMax Nextar bulbs on eBay but those are as rare as an honest politician these days.
    John 3:16

  2. #1502

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Wow, what color pattern is this? It looks somewhat shimmery purple tie dye? How old is this one? It's glorious.

  3. #1503
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by madmardigan2 View Post
    Wow, what color pattern is this? It looks somewhat shimmery purple tie dye? How old is this one? It's glorious.
    They look aftermarket to me, most likely from Fivemega. I know when the Maglites were big for modding a number of years ago people used to take a Silver light, remove the clear coat and anodize them different colors. I'm not sure how exactly that camo pattern is done but it looks like some sort of anodizing, similar to the old Malkoffs.

  4. #1504
    Flashaholic* Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES



    They are made by Mirage_Man.

  5. #1505
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

    They are made by Mirage_Man.
    Lots of cool customs from back then!

    Probably not the coolest find but I picked up a 1st Gen Mini Mag and old school leather holster recently. I haven't seen these holsters before with the Mag Instrument embossing. They're pretty heavy duty!


  6. #1506

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    The auction site has an interesting one.

    Maglite Custom "Defender S1 EXTREME" Prototype Urban Assault & Home Defense hilarious
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

  7. #1507
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    The auction site has an interesting one.

    Maglite Custom "Defender S1 EXTREME" Prototype Urban Assault & Home Defense hilarious
    All I can say is "Wow!".



    It reminds me of this old pic that's been floating around for a while:



    I guess the dude selling it is serious....... seriously crazy! Even says he tried to pitch it to Maglite as a design idea.....

  8. #1508

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Looks kinda like PK's keychain light in the late 90's minus the compass and swiss army knife. lol

    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-09-2021 at 12:44 PM.
    John 3:16

  9. #1509
    Flashaholic* Toohotruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Highway to Hell
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Love the hood ornament...nice touch!

  10. #1510
    Flashaholic* Icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    3,436

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    All I can say is "Wow!".



    I guess the dude selling it is serious....... seriously crazy! Even says he tried to pitch it to Maglite as a design idea.....
    It looks ridiculous to me and what he is asking for it even more.
    Long time ago I built a home defence Mag myself. It's also based on a 6D but looks totally different.

  11. #1511
    Flashaholic* LiftdT4R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    NJ / PA
    Posts
    1,249

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Looks kinda like PK's keychain light in the late 90's minus the compass and swiss army knife. lol


    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    It looks ridiculous to me and what he is asking for it even more.
    Long time ago I built a home defence Mag myself. It's also based on a 6D but looks totally different.
    I agree. That looks like tape holding everything together. I know it's a "prototype" but the build quality looks especially poor. The knife is also obviously broken. I bet you could put this together yourself after a 15 min trip to Harbor Freight.

  12. #1512

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    The St Jude ensemble

    The 127 lumen (32 lumen low) aa minimag pro plus and 47 lumen solitaire


    Beautifully done.

    I did not realize there is a 100 lumen aaa minimag too so that will be purchased next time I order a Maglite product. And I may buy another aa minimag because I really like the beam from that one. Nice, white thrower.

    It's actually really for the children this time.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-10-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    John 3:16

  13. #1513
    Flashaholic* Toohotruk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    The Highway to Hell
    Posts
    2,678

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Cool set. I have it set up so that a percentage of everything I buy on Amazon goes to St. Jude's.

  14. #1514

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    I also thought I'd share a pic from another collector that I correspond with. He gave me permission to post it. It is of super rare Red, Gold, and Blue 7Ds. Like the 7D Vari-Beam that sold a few months back they are one off pieces that a Mag employee had done. Unfortunately for us Maglite only officially produced 7Ds in Black. All 3 are brand new and unused. The variations in early Maglites is amazing and I'm fully convinced there are still rare lights out there that we haven't seen yet.
    I wish Maglite would do some limited editions, such as special finishes, or even just a stealth matte finish on the black non knurled lights.

    Olight for example, does limited editions all the time, you could even say they focus more on those than on regular lights. They usually make 10k runs, and good luck finding them, everyone scrambles to grab the limited editions. Blink. And they're gone.

    I've thought about this, and either Maglite manufacturing is too big for special edition runs, or they're not targeting the collectors/flashaholics market.

  15. #1515
    Flashaholic* turbodog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    4,889

    Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

    Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    I wish Maglite would do some limited editions, such as special finishes, or even just a stealth matte finish on the black non knurled lights.

    Olight for example, does limited editions all the time, you could even say they focus more on those than on regular lights. They usually make 10k runs, and good luck finding them, everyone scrambles to grab the limited editions. Blink. And they're gone.

    I've thought about this, and either Maglite manufacturing is too big for special edition runs, or they're not targeting the collectors/flashaholics market.
    I've bought directly from them... end runs of stuff. They _will_ make you a custom run. Not sure what a minimum order is.

    Most of my stuff is smooth barrels, no knurling. Was supposed to be printed/engraved but never was. Few custom colors.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414445464748495051

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •