Malkoff        
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41444546474849505152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,530 of 1544

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

Brinkmann made a 3 cell AA minimag type light called TriMax. I put a lamptronix bulb from an F-14 fighter jet in mine. But a Streamlight Strion bulb can work.
    You may luck up and actually find some TriMax Nextar bulbs on eBay but those are as rare as an honest politician these days.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by donn_ View Post
    Wow, what color pattern is this? It looks somewhat shimmery purple tie dye? How old is this one? It's glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by madmardigan2 View Post
    Wow, what color pattern is this? It looks somewhat shimmery purple tie dye? How old is this one? It's glorious.
    They look aftermarket to me, most likely from Fivemega. I know when the Maglites were big for modding a number of years ago people used to take a Silver light, remove the clear coat and anodize them different colors. I'm not sure how exactly that camo pattern is done but it looks like some sort of anodizing, similar to the old Malkoffs.

They are made by Mirage_Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

They are made by Mirage_Man.
    Lots of cool customs from back then!

Probably not the coolest find but I picked up a 1st Gen Mini Mag and old school leather holster recently. I haven't seen these holsters before with the Mag Instrument embossing. They're pretty heavy duty!

Flashaholic*

The auction site has an interesting one.

Maglite Custom "Defender S1 EXTREME" Prototype Urban Assault & Home Defense hilarious
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Quote Originally Posted by bigburly912 View Post
    The auction site has an interesting one.

Maglite Custom "Defender S1 EXTREME" Prototype Urban Assault & Home Defense hilarious
    All I can say is "Wow!".

It reminds me of this old pic that's been floating around for a while:

I guess the dude selling it is serious....... seriously crazy! Even says he tried to pitch it to Maglite as a design idea.....

Looks kinda like PK's keychain light in the late 90's minus the compass and swiss army knife. lol

Last edited by bykfixer; 01-09-2021 at 12:44 PM.

Love the hood ornament...nice touch!

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    All I can say is "Wow!".

I guess the dude selling it is serious....... seriously crazy! Even says he tried to pitch it to Maglite as a design idea.....
    It looks ridiculous to me and what he is asking for it even more.
    Long time ago I built a home defence Mag myself. It's also based on a 6D but looks totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Looks kinda like PK's keychain light in the late 90's minus the compass and swiss army knife. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    It looks ridiculous to me and what he is asking for it even more.
    Long time ago I built a home defence Mag myself. It's also based on a 6D but looks totally different.
    I agree. That looks like tape holding everything together. I know it's a "prototype" but the build quality looks especially poor. The knife is also obviously broken. I bet you could put this together yourself after a 15 min trip to Harbor Freight.

The St Jude ensemble

The 127 lumen (32 lumen low) aa minimag pro plus and 47 lumen solitaire

Beautifully done.

I did not realize there is a 100 lumen aaa minimag too so that will be purchased next time I order a Maglite product. And I may buy another aa minimag because I really like the beam from that one. Nice, white thrower.

It's actually really for the children this time.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 01-10-2021 at 03:47 PM.

Cool set. I have it set up so that a percentage of everything I buy on Amazon goes to St. Jude's.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    I also thought I'd share a pic from another collector that I correspond with. He gave me permission to post it. It is of super rare Red, Gold, and Blue 7Ds. Like the 7D Vari-Beam that sold a few months back they are one off pieces that a Mag employee had done. Unfortunately for us Maglite only officially produced 7Ds in Black. All 3 are brand new and unused. The variations in early Maglites is amazing and I'm fully convinced there are still rare lights out there that we haven't seen yet.
    I wish Maglite would do some limited editions, such as special finishes, or even just a stealth matte finish on the black non knurled lights.

Olight for example, does limited editions all the time, you could even say they focus more on those than on regular lights. They usually make 10k runs, and good luck finding them, everyone scrambles to grab the limited editions. Blink. And they're gone.

I've thought about this, and either Maglite manufacturing is too big for special edition runs, or they're not targeting the collectors/flashaholics market.

Quote Originally Posted by Yates View Post
    I wish Maglite would do some limited editions, such as special finishes, or even just a stealth matte finish on the black non knurled lights.

Olight for example, does limited editions all the time, you could even say they focus more on those than on regular lights. They usually make 10k runs, and good luck finding them, everyone scrambles to grab the limited editions. Blink. And they're gone.

I've thought about this, and either Maglite manufacturing is too big for special edition runs, or they're not targeting the collectors/flashaholics market.
    I've bought directly from them... end runs of stuff. They _will_ make you a custom run. Not sure what a minimum order is.

Most of my stuff is smooth barrels, no knurling. Was supposed to be printed/engraved but never was. Few custom colors.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Enlightened

One man try to sale this minimag with stuck batteries.
    Is this minimag rare?

Maglite collector from Russia. eBay seller 5C and 6C.

I've been saying the same thing too!! I'd love to see a new Vari-Beam!! The only thing I seem to see from them are laser etched standard lights, which are cool but I think collectors want a little more effort put into it than that. Something that really looks like a one-off. Most of the brands I know that have a cult following all do this. Look at Ford with the 267 limited editions of the new Bronco. Certainly you'd think it would be harder to put together a limited edition Bronco than a limited edition flashlight.

Quote Originally Posted by din107 View Post
    One man try to sale this minimag with stuck batteries.
    Is this minimag rare?
    Hey Dino! I'd classify them as more uncommon than rare. The Mini Maglites are also a GIANT paint to restore. They're so small to work with and the threads are so fine that I've ruined about 50% of them with stuck batteries. Everything all has to come out through the rear of the ight too because the barrel has a "stopper" machined into the front. On the bigger lights I usually have a 90% success rate with stuck batteries. Unless the light was free I personally wouldn't bother with it. They do pop up on eBay from time to time.

Enlightened

Who knows? This 3D came form Bosnia (Jugoslavia) in 1995. I have never seen UNPROFOR Maglites before...

Very cool!!!

A Vari-Beam 5 Cell just popped up on the auction site. How rare are these?

Pretty rare Yates. Not many were made. Even less are still "alive" due to battery leak back then.

My well used, but fairly uncommon 3AA mini maglite. I have had 2 of these, I lost the first right after I got it and bought another one soon after.
    http://maglitehistory.blogspot.com/2...i-maglite.html
    There are a few of these NIB on eBay for $130-150 USD.
    My local Walmart used to carry these. I'm not sure when I bought it, but the site I linked above says they might have been produced between 2003 and 2006? On 3 nimh rechargeables it is a pretty good light. I still carry it sometimes.

Several red ones (SP2303H) are on kmrbpm for a bit less than that.

A Vari-Beam 5 Cell just popped up on the auction site. How rare are these?
    Is it the black and silver one? If so they are a lot less desirable than the blue and silver ones. These are tough to tell if they were made by a dealer or done by an owner afterwards of spare parts. For instance I can make a 7C black Vari-beam with parts from one of my blue and silver ones and even though Mag never made it I could claim it as being very rare. I have a few of the black /silver ones and they're cool, I like them but they're not as sought after as the blue and silver ones. I've even seen folks make red and silver, silver and silver ones too.

Yeah, nobody was bidding so I figured it wasn't worth it.

Could anyone explain why a letter serial 6C would be at 598xxx while some non letter serial 6C lights I've seen, are in the 616xxx - 619xxx number range.

Surely the last ones would be the letter serials, no?

Enlightened

Could anyone explain why a letter serial 6C would be at 598xxx while some non letter serial 6C lights I've seen, are in the 616xxx - 619xxx number range.

Surely the last ones would be the letter serials, no?
    Hi! Very good question!
    there are pics... I thought letter 6C were last....

Not sure this belongs here, but a friend in Japan sent me some pics of his Maglite 16C.

Of course, it uses barrel extenders or whatever you want to call them, but this is a long light.

Base light is a 4C, total length 81.5 cm, and 150 lumens LED

Enjoy the pics!

That 16C is front pocket EDC...no prob.
    THRUNITE > Archer1AV2|TiS|TH20|TN4A Hi...all in neutral white
    YUJILEDS BC Series 95+ HiCRI
    > Sofirn C01|Dorcy Penlight (Yuji modded)
    XTARVC4, LCTBC500, Amaloops, 1999 MAG-LITE 2D Incandescent(glass lens) Petzl Tikkina 80L ..... Fenix E01

Flashaholic*

What is that, like 7-8 pounds of flashlight and battery? Haha I love it
    Big butnotsomuch-burly

Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 41444546474849505152 LastLast