The Fenix-Store        
Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,465 of 1465

Thread: RARE MAGLITES

Default Re: RARE MAGLITES

The 75th anniverssary WW2 Veterans Commitee minimag arrived and it is nice.

Shown outside the box.
    Came in a regular gift box in a nice matte olive drab color with a matte black tailcap.

I was really impressed with the etching on the front end. Great detail not seen in the shrunken res photo.
    I hope they release other lights this color.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 07-06-2020 at 03:04 PM.
    John 3:16

Very nice!! Score a T Shirt too?? I love the matte (stealth) finishes. I wish Maglite would have done them more on their full size lights.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    The 75th anniverssary WW2 Veterans Commitee minimag arrived and it is nice....
    Very nice indeed.
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Very nice!! Score a T Shirt too?? I love the matte (stealth) finishes. I wish Maglite would have done them more on their full size lights.
    They had a 30% off coupon for the light, which was about the same price as the t-shirt, so yeah I threw that in the cart too.

Scored an old police wide-body 4D Mag from the 80's-90's. The serial is in the 41-million range BUT it has the "TM" bezel. The 'bay listing says it was in a wrecked police car. I had one just like it, but it succumbed to leaky alkalines and I didn't have the patience or knowledge to clean it out way back then. I've always been on the lookout for another and this had all the attributes I wanted and plenty of street-character. Very happy with the score. When I asked the seller if it had the animal-head on the bezel, she said "I'm sorry it doesn't." and I was like "WOOHOO! No sorry necessary!" I bought my original 4D around 1991 and a friend bought his 3D in 1993 and we were weirded out that the barrel thickness had stepped down. I always wanted one of the original thick body lights again.

Old logo, TM bezel with no panther-head (ram's head?)
    (newer model on the left)

Thicker Barrel

All-numerical Serial Number

In keeping with the old-school spirit, I dug up 4 ancient Ni-cads that still actually charge and work to run the spare PR drop-in I have for this until I can source something befitting this light's awesomeness...

Edit: I sent the serial # to Maglite and true to form, they responded promptly by email...

"Your 4 D-cell Incandescent Maglite was manufactured on 05-19-1990"
    Last edited by sween1911; 07-10-2020 at 07:49 AM.
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

Then you would love my oldest mag. It's a 2d from approx 1985. Well used till about 2005 give or take. Bottom part of head is worn to silver due to sliding around on garage floors.
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

My old sprinkler pipe 4D from the mid 80's:

used it heavily for about 20 years and it is still in use today loaded with soshine NiMH D cells and running a LED drop-in. Weighs a ton and feels like grabbing the wrong end of a baseball bat, but it has never failed me in spite of leaking alkaline batteries attempts to do it in.

Gotta love those old large body 4Ds. My old man carried a 4D for years and years. It's amazing to think that now because with all these small lights the 4D feels like a club!! I did a very similar restomod 4D a few years back. It's probably in this thread somewhere. It's a 1988 model, ~1 million serial with a Malkoff XM-L and A KAI SMO reflector. I still use it from time to time but the XM-L Malkoffs were just too bright for me

My friend Zanshin Lair over on the Usual Suspect Network forum had given me this light that he had custom done up with his handle and some cool graphics.
    It originally had the PR-base MagLED in it when he gave it to me. I had changed it to a Terralux triple XML for a 4D, and ran it on of two 18650's with a PVC sleeve and spacer.
    I then changed the spacer to run (2) CR123's to get the required 6V and not tie up my 18650's.

Yesterday, I had the pleasure of installing my first Malkoff Maglite module in it. Got this beauty from LiftdT4R.
    I originally wanted to put it in my retro 4D I just got, but was unsure of how to power it. When I realized it was made for NIMH or a single li-ion, Gene confirmed a single li-ion was ideal so I went with the 3D I had already setup for smaller batts.

Solid aluminum camless reflector.

Spacer layout for CR123's. Just took out those and put an 18650 in their place...

Works great! Don't have a beamshot but it lit up my entire backyard last night.
    Last edited by sween1911; 08-28-2020 at 10:56 AM.

Sweet!! The beam was amazing on that drop in and I see Gene isn't making them any more so it's a keeper for sure! Nice light too! Is it laser etched or are those decals?

I picked up another silver stamped bezel 1984 Mini Mag on flea bay a week or so back. These lights very rarely go for much over $10 and they are fun to collect. I'm surprised so many are still around being 36 years old now and all. The finishes can be tough to find. A pink one went for big money last year but most don't. A lot of lights seem to be hitting new high prices lately but if you're still on the hunt there are plenty of deals to be had!

I guess it was laser etched, I can tell they're not decals. Was actually just playing with it tonight.
    I wanna get a UCLp AR or Borofloat lens for it from Flashlightlens.

Love that silver Minimag!

(DUDE, not to get off topic, but those NES cartridges!!! That's my whole childhood right there!)

Quote Originally Posted by sween1911 View Post
    I guess it was laser etched, I can tell they're not decals. Was actually just playing with it tonight.
    I wanna get a UCLp AR or Borofloat lens for it from Flashlightlens.

Love that silver Minimag!

(DUDE, not to get off topic, but those NES cartridges!!! That's my whole childhood right there!)
    Got one of these not long before c-19 hit...

https://primearcades.com/
    This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
    Be prepared for the truth.

Maglite has come out with Marvel themed lights.
    Right now Punisher, Venom and Spiderman are avilable. At some point Captain America.

If ya gotta ask how much……well you know the rest. But suffice to say you've gotta be a serious Marvel fan to buy those babies.
    Neat idea though.
    3D ML300 LX, the minimag, a solitaire, an XL50 and a Mag Tac available at this point.

Enlightened

Made a box to store the collection Pre-C Maglites. From plywood. Used genuine mounting brackets.
    Maglite collector from Russia. Looking for a 5C and 6C newer style (with С in serial number).

😎😎😎

Quote Originally Posted by din107 View Post
    Made a box to store the collection Pre-C Maglites. From plywood. Used genuine mounting brackets.

Very nice!

Enlightened

Got older and younger 5C.

GrandFather, Father and son

Maglite collector from Russia. Looking for a 5C and 6C newer style (with С in serial number).

WHUH?!? What am I lookin at here? That's AWESOME! I had to count of my fingers multiple times, that's gotta be a 7C on the right then? WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by sween1911 View Post
    WHUH?!? What am I lookin at here? That's AWESOME! I had to count of my fingers multiple times, that's gotta be a 7C on the right then? WOW!
    Yep, I believe it is! The 7Cs are awesome, unlike the 7Ds they can actually be used. I used one for a while while walking my dogs at night. Anyone got any new lights? I have a couple I've been meaning to post but I've been super busy with work.

Quote Originally Posted by LiftdT4R View Post
    Yep, I believe it is! The 7Cs are awesome, unlike the 7Ds they can actually be used. I used one for a while while walking my dogs at night. Anyone got any new lights? I have a couple I've been meaning to post but I've been super busy with work.
    Love my 7C. No pics. though as my only digital camera is my phone, and it's a POS. Hopefully will be able to upgrade after years of using it, at the end of 2020. (The phone I mean.)
    "The World is insane. With tiny spots of sanity, here and there... Not the other way around!" - John Cleese.

Scored an old widebody late 80's 3D from the 'bay. Companion piece to my 4D. TM Bezel and long grip section...

Edit: Heard from Maglite, it was manufactured February 1983!
    Last edited by sween1911; 09-03-2020 at 03:22 PM.

Flashaholic*

Love this box idea! Very smart!
    Old-Style Maglite C & D switches for sale

Hi! I had no idea flashlight collecting was a thing until just a few days ago, so I thought I'd share something I've owned for a while. I got a gold C-cell Maglite from a family member several years ago but only recently decided to learn more about it. I came across this blog post that says it's a rare model from the late 80's, so it would seem to fit this thread (which has lots of cool flashlights!) Also thanks to that blog, I learned that the end cap has a spare bulb, which I never noticed before. Anyway, here it is:

Last edited by Greta; 09-07-2020 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Link removed

Yup! Thatz a really rare one.

Welcome aboard.

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    Yup! Thatz a really rare one.

Welcome aboard.
    Thanks! I reached out to Maglite and asked them how old it was. They said:

"Thank you for being a Maglite customer and I will be happy to assist you today. Based on the serial number, your 2 C-cell flashlight was manufactured on 09/02/1987."

Which means my flashlight just had its 33rd birthday! Anyway, thanks to this forum, I'm now going to be on the lookout for other cool Maglites and other flashlights.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394243444546474849