6P+M60 Help needed with switch (UK)

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
Hi having got the torch (That's what we call them in the UK) habit bad, I have recently bought a couple of Fenix models LD20/LD10. After having read so much about Surefire lights I have also taken the plunge and ordered an original 6P and a Malkoff M60.... so now I need to get a tailcap mod that will enable me to turn the power down. With the Fenix lights I have loads of flash/strobe modes so all I want is something simple. It would be nice to have something like full power and lowish 30 lumens. I have read about a couple of mods but they seem to have more features than I need (Lightsaver & Softstart). Is there a switch/mod that anyone could recommend? It needs to be a simple mod for an idiot:naughty:

Thanks for your help.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go to theledguy.com and order a McC2S switch.
It replaces the twisty insides
Twist or push lightly for LOW
Twist more or mash down hard for HIGH

Thats the best option I can think of

It is a simple resistor design so it's pretty reliable

BWT...:welcome:...and nice choices on the Malkoff and 6P!!:thumbsup:

Chris H

Newly Enlightened
Hi Martin, sorry to hijack the thread slightly but where did you get the M60 drop in from? (also in the UK - North Wales)

Thanks
Chris

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
Hi Martin, sorry to hijack the thread slightly but where did you get the M60 drop in from? (also in the UK - North Wales)

Thanks
Chris

Chris
I ordered it from Gene in the states direct. With the CPF discount it came to $79.50 ouch! The £ is in the mire at the moment!

I got my 6P from a seller in Wales Tac Light on eBay.

Cheers

Martin

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
The value resistor will depend on the batteries you use. With two CR123's you would probably be ok with a 22 ohm resistor. Two RCR123's and the light will be brighter than with two CR123's, but still ok Resistor works off of the combined voltage of your batteries.

Bill

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
The value resistor will depend on the batteries you use. With two CR123's you would probably be ok with a 22 ohm resistor. Two RCR123's and the light will be brighter than with two CR123's, but still ok Resistor works off of the combined voltage of your batteries.

Bill

Bill, I will be using two AW 3.7 Volt Li-ion Rechargeable cells so would I need a higher resistance?

Thanks

Martin

Martin SH

Newly Enlightened
It looks like the McE2s switch is the way to go. I have looked at the thread on the Shoppe forum and it appears that I need to file out the retaining ring. I would like to keep this intact, incase I want to revert back to the original configeration. Can I buy these seperate already prepaired/resized for the McE2s?

Sorry if this is a dense question, thanks for your help

Martin

Last edited:

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 on the 60 ohm

Just about perfect with both R123s and cr123s. 22 is too bright with R123s to be called low IMHO:D

Sverre

edc3

Enlightened
It looks like the McE2s switch is the way to go. I have looked at the thread on the Shoppe forum and it appears that I need to file out the retaining ring. I would like to keep this intact, incase I want to revert back to the original configeration. Can I buy these seperate already prepaired/resized for the McE2s?

Sorry if this is a dense question, thanks for your help

Martin

I don't think you can easily buy any of the SureFire tailcap internals separately. I just did this mod on my C2 and it works great. However, I would also like to be able to go back to the stock, 1 level sometimes. My solution is just to buy another Z41 tailcap. Unfortunately, I haven't found one in HA yet, but you'll have a much easier time finding a black one. Check out the MarketPlace.

The other alternative would be to buy a multi-function tailcap from another company that fits SureFire. Good luck!