Any Police Dept's using Malkoff drop ins as standard issue?

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
Hi,
I'm just curious if there are any Police departments that use Gene's M60 drop ins as their issued lights.
Thanks,
Joe

USM0083

Enlightened
In general, no, because most agencies are won't allow modifications to equipment.

flip

Enlightened
None in my area that I know of. I think that keeping a department supplied with 123 batteries would get expensive and I don't think that the average cop wants to keep up with spare batteries or wants to keep changing batteries in his flashlight.

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
Several of our CPF'ers, who are LEO's use them.

Bill

I know which is why I asked the question. I certainly think that a Surefire with a Malkoff is durable enough for Police duty. I bet Gene could supply enough for a small-medium (<200) department. As for the batteries I'm sure a rechargeable option could be sorted out. I wonder what kind of discount you get for buying 100 drop ins :)

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
They only use equipment that has been tested hundreds of times to see how reliable they are.

Axion

Enlightened
I'm 100% positive that a Malkoff drop in would be more reliable then the stock incandescent bulb seeing as how they can handlge being dropped without busting.

That said I do not think Malkoff has the production capacity to fill orders for an entire department.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
** Deleted most after reading post #14.

The only thing I can see as a drawback is that some Dept. (including my own) aren't that easy to but something that is a modification. The more conservative types might be more willing to buy something they can order and use. Break, order 1 piece and use.

Using a Malkoff piece would definitely have it's perps. The biggest one being how great they are.

Last edited:

pete55555

Newly Enlightened
My Surefire C2 that I carry on duty has a Malkoff M60 in it. It's been through a lot of abuse and the Malkoff unit has held up well. Anyone who doesn't think the M60 is heavy duty has never used one. As far as being issued, none of the local departments issue lights around here. Officers are free to purchase whatever they please. I also carry a 140CGT Clicky and a 120T Twisty as backups. And I usually have my Jet-II Pro IBS close by also.

PG5768

Newly Enlightened
I have sold them to a few departments in volume. It seems that inquiries in this regard are slowly growing.

Fantastic. You have an excellent product. Hope you continue to prosper and grow.