AAA tint compared to LS, CMG and expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
I'we just got my first Arc, an AAA LE.
It feels good and robust. It's also a lot Easier to carry than my CMG Infinity Ultra (which will be replaced by a LS4 ASAP).

However I have two questions.

1) Isn't the AAA LE supposed to be less bluish than the Infinity Ultra? As far I can see they are Equaly bluish.
I have seen a Arc LSH-P and it was much whiter/softer in the tint. Is it normal that the AAA LE is more bluish than the LS?

2) The beam doesn't seem perfectly centered (but this is actually not a problem). Is this also normal?

Regards
/Patrik

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
Re: Arc LE tint compared CMG

My Arc LE, about a year old, is far less blue than my Ultra. However my new Ultra is more blue than I recall my old Ultra being. The main difference I saw between my LE and standard, again both a year old, was the quality of the beam as far as rings and splotches.
So my guess is that it varies some by batch, I prefer my beam to be slightly blueish anyhow. I don't care for the slightly yellow/green /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

same here...i like the blueish tint a lot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1)not too sure
2)its actually because the led itself is casting an off-centre beam. the led itself is physically centered in the head. don't worry too much about it. anyway if you're not satisfied with it, you can still return it or get it exchanged for another one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened

1) I would have prefered a more yellow/green tint (like on the LSHP's I have seen). I find it more relaxing to the eyes compared to the bluish light.

2) About the spot not perfectly centered - It really doesn't matter, I was just curious. It is really a great light that I'm impressed of.

PS. I have now had the Arc constantly on for 7 hours still in sun mode, thats better than I have expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.