• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Looking for High-ish CRI Cree for Ex10

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to replace the one in my Ex10 cos its really bugging me. Anything that will give me the vicinity of 100ish lumens, with a neutral-warm tint, and will fit as a direct replacement.....ie: only soldering required....

thanks!

Crenshaw

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
+1 for the above suggestion.

Even though the 5A technically does not have a higher CRI than the cool white bins, in practice it really does make a big difference IMO. I have directly compared the 5A to both the high CRI Seoul LEDs and the high CRI Nichia 083, and the 5A really holds its own in terms of color rendition, especially if you consider that its output is substantially greater than these other LEDs. There are differences between them, and as for the 5A I would say that it is comparitavely lacking in the red end of the spectrum, but probably not enough to matter in most situations and for most people.

The CRI scale is simply not an adequate means of comparing the real world performance of light sources such as LEDs IMO.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, i only discovered the gb awhile after posting this, and i posted interest there...i will probably get those, as i dont really need super high CRI, just, warmer tint compared to the bluish one of my ex10. Its sad, cos my ex10 is seeing so little use because of the tint.I may even sell it if i cant find the led i want to reaplce it.

Crenshaw

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
I just looked at the 4000K offerings at Digikey, and the luminous flux is given as 80.6 lm. It doesn't say if this is a minimum or a maximum. If it is a minimum then that corresponds to a P3 brightness bin, and if it is a maximum then that corresponds to a P4 brightness bin. There is no information given about the tint other than the CCT. For my money, I will stick with the GB for Q3 5A.

nailbender

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like you are right sorry.
The 80.6 is at 350 mah so at 1amp they should be close to 200 I would think but I get in trouble thinking all the time. :)

Dave

Latest posts