My New Favorite Beater Light!

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently purchased a BOG Cree Super Premium drop in for my 6P. This sucker is bright and throws really well. It over comes alot of the color definition problems with brute force. The 6P has always been my favorite form factor as it just feels perfect in my hand. I really love that I can carry a backup emitter in my SC1, which by the way is a P60L. I also like it that my light has a twisty switch. I like SF's clickies but have had too many problems in the past to feel confident with them when traveling. I just wish that BOG could iron out the annoying bezel gap the module creates.

Whats your "Beater du Jour?!"

kelmo

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Modded superfire 501B ($9 DX special). DX reflector, R2 emitter, DX7882 driver board and 18650 cell. A McClicky forward click switch for added reliability drops right into the tailcap switch.

Want brightness, turn the pot up to 1-1.3A, and drop it into a 6P or solarforce host for the best thermal cooling. Want run time and low-low night vision preservation, use the 501B host and turn the pot down for ~9L at the low setting. L/M/H mode selection, no flashing modes. Note the trim pot current adjustment is NOT meant to be adjusted frequently, set it once and leave it there.

Last edited:

redsfairlane

Newly Enlightened
Iv'e enjoyed checking out and playing with a fair few lights for the last few years, in the last year plus my 120P has always found it's way back into my pocket.
Nothing has permanently displaced it yet.

However, I will keep trying :)

edc3

Enlightened
My current beater is an L1T head and tail on an L2D body. It's in my desk at work and as often as not gets loaned out to coworkers. Quite a nice light for a loaner.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
XJC B8 from KD ($11 then). I got it because of its relative battery efficiency (true..) and Cree. I ground down the lip on the head end so the body end firmly bottomed out on the PCB contact ring inside, ensuring solid contact.

It has be absolutely solid and reliable ever since despite much "beater" and loaner usage. Runs 2 hrs regulated on an eneloop, then fades over the next half hour.

skillet

Enlightened
My Seol P4 modded EDC Basic 42.. w/Peu Bezel and green trit's...

Pack it everyday, for every job...

Going on 3rd year..

Flashlight011.jpg

Flashlight008.jpg