terralux tle-st problem

Dorkwheeler

Newly Enlightened
I bought a tle-st from Battery Junction a few weeks ago. It was advertised to fit the strion and the stinger. I bought it for my strion for home use but when I got it, it obviously didnt fit. I just wasnt thinking at the time that the heads are two different sizes. I have a stinger I dont use much at work so I figured I would install it in that. Well the lights at work tend to get used pretty hard and today I dropped the stinger and it stopped working. I unscrewed the upgrade and it broke both of the pins off in the switch. It wasnt screwed on too tight. I guess this upgrade isnt meant to be used too hard. I am not too happy with this.

Lightingguy321

Enlightened
Return the unit, the Terralux Strion module isn't due for the market for another 6 months. I too made the same error.

GPB

Enlightened
Did you contact Battery Junction ? Give them a chance to make it right, and let us know if they do. ( I suspect they will )

TerraLUX Corp.

Newly Enlightened
Please email Battery Junction once more. I'm sure Matt will make it right. When we first launched the TLE-ST we made a mistake on the first round of specs that went out to the distributors. It listed the upgrade for the Stinger and Strion. The upgrade only fits the Stinger and Stinger XT. We are currently working on the upgrade for the Strion. It is much smaller then the Stinger/XT. It should require a new head and optics due to size limitations.

Sorry for the confusion.

Craig