Impossible turn light on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
Hello
I've got my Arc AAA yesturday and it has been running the whole day. First I was very impressed because it stayed in sunmode for about 7 hours.

When I switch it of and then on again It didn't lit.
If I then waited some minutes it will light up again (in sun mode). If I then switch it of and try to switch it on again in a few sekonds, It wont lit up again. If I replace it with a fresh battery it works as expected.

Should it be this way? (that it is impossible to start it in moon mode?).
This means that instead of having the possibility to turn the light on in moon mode (if I really need some light and can't wait until the battery have rested enough for sunmode)
it's impossible, it's sunmode or dark.

Is it suposed to work like this? (now I only have to wait, and see if I have to feel unlycky or stupid... not very comfortable alternatives, fortunately not very common either /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Regards

Ps.
Sorry for all the questions, but I have to try my new flashlight emediately when I got it Yesturday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Tusenkonstnar and welcome to the CPF!

What you are describing with your new Arc-AAA (congratulations by the way! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ) is normal. A DC/DC switching power supply requires a minimum voltage from the battery in order to startup. Once the circuit is started, it can boost the voltage high enough to keep the circuit running. It can take a discharged alkaline several minutes to recover enough voltage to start the circuit again.

Peter

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
Ok and thanks Peter for a fast answer.
This happens even when I switch it of from sunmode (but only with battery that has been used). Ie once I have been in moon mode I can't switch it of without waiting a minute with switching it on again.

I guess then it's normal to never be able to turn it on directly to moon mode?

Regards

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on what you call moon mode. With the Arc-AAA, moon mode is less definate than the LS. If the conditions are right, you can start up in what I call moon mode. Just compare the startup brightness with another Arc-AAA with a fresh battery.

Peter

tusenkonstnar

Newly Enlightened
Now I have been using my new AAA a few days and I like it a lot.

So there are basically tree "levels" of light intensity?

Sun mode, Moon mode and when it is glowing like a firefly (which I first thought was moon mode)

If I try to switch it on but the battery has to little power to light it up and then I try a few seconds later, it can still be running for an our before it enters te glowing state several ours.

I guess this means that there are a BIG differens between the amount of power it takes to start the light compared to what it takes to keep on shining once it has lit up?

And also that there are not a very big difference between sun and moon mode?

regards
/Patrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts