Tiablo TL-1?

supergravy

Newly Enlightened
Mine shipped today! I am eager to give it a try and will do some sort of mini-review when it arrives.

Anyone get theirs yet? :poke:

sport69

Newly Enlightened
Mine shipped today! I am eager to give it a try and will do some sort of mini-review when it arrives.

Anyone get theirs yet? :poke:

Great...I'm looking forward to seeing it! Looks like a nice light, from what I read the UI seems pretty cool as well.

coppertrail

Enlightened
I've had mine for about a week now and I love it. The UI, once you get used to it, is awesome. You can set it low enough to read a menu at a restaurant and high enough to explore a cave.

One excellent quality about the UI is that you have the strobe and SOS modes, but you don't have to have them active. For example, I have my "A" mode set to high and the "B" mode set to low. But, if I ever needed it, I could easily enable SOS or Strobe on the B mode. So, in essence, its there if you ever need it.

Some people claim this is too big for a single AA light, I disagree. The size is almost identical to the Fenix P3D. But, if it were smaller, you'd lose the ability to use the bezel for self defense, as a tool, etc. The grip is awesome, along with the stainless steel push button.

This has become my EDC, and I recommend this light if you're looking for a powerful, multi-purpose light.

There is one possible problem: As SuperGravy mentioned in another thread, and I have confirmed, its very dificult to set the different modes when using a Li-Ion cell until the cell resting voltage comes down to about 3.8V. I've informed Tiablo. They got back to me last night, indicating that their tests came out fine, but that they don't have any production run lights. They are going to test with a production light and see if there are any problems with mode setting.

But that aside, this is an awesome little multi-purpose light that grows on you the longer you use it.

The light performs very well with eneloop NiMH cells, and mode setting is not a problem with these cells, but the best brightness, of course, comes with using a Li-Ion cell.