How to Change Reverse to Forward Clickie on Jetbeam Jet-I Pro EX?

Patrick Bateman

Newly Enlightened
Just got my forward clickie retrofit kit for my jetbeam jet-I pro ex v2 and was wondering how to change the darned thing. Any clues? Thanks.

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Remove the retaining ring from inside the tail cap, pop out the old switch insert the new switch and replace the retaining ring.
There are two small holes in the ring, use pointy tweezers or pliers.
Norm

Patrick Bateman

Newly Enlightened
Problem is the new switch doesn't even get to go into the tailcap past the inner threads. Maybe sent the wrong switch?

Norm

Retired Administrator
How do the switches look side by side, do they appear to have the same dimensions?
I find that some switches catch on the threads and need a little but of fiddling to get them into the tail cap.

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as I know, Jetbeam doesn't make a forward switch for the Jet I series. They make one for the Jet II and Jet III.

I know because I would have bought one a long time ago, my Jet I MK IBS needs one. :(

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm going to link Flavio to this thread. He's the customer service person from BOG, he'll probably see it tomorrow sometime. They're on the west coast, so maybe around 12 hours from now.

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
Divine,

Thanks for the heads up...

The Jet-I Pro doesn't have a forward clickie option available and we've corrected the misprint on our site. In our opinion, the fwd. clickie retrofit doesnt work well with the standard IBS line. It was designed for a reverse clickie and installing a fwd. clickie can accidentally engauge the programming mode. The Jetbeam Military line was designed with a forward clickie in mind and works very well with the IBS system.

If you do want a forward clickie they are available only for the Jet-II Pro, Jet-III Pro, Jet-III Ultra, and the Jet-III ST.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com
JETBeam USA