Malkoff P7 C&D Mag Drop-ins!

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
Just placed my order.....can't wait. Gonna put it in the 'ole 6D.

RunningDave

Newly Enlightened
On Gene's site, it states the power requirement is 2-3 lithium rechargeables or 6-9 NIMH batteries.

How do you get 2-3 lithium rechargeables to work? Do they make C or D sized lithiums?

thanks

USM0083

Enlightened
Four left of the C sized dropin. I love the size of the 2C, and am sorely tempted. I ordered from Lighthound yesterday the Solarforce L900M. If I hadn't, I'd pick up Gene's latest invention.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
How do you get 2-3 lithium rechargeables to work? Do they make C or D sized lithiums?

There are almost C and D size li-ions (slightly longer than normal cells). AW sells the C cells and spacers to extend the tube in the marketplace...but they are out of stock at the moment. You could also use 3xRCR or 2x18500 in a 2C light with a homemade sleeve.

AOBRICK

Newly Enlightened
It kills me to impulse buy anything, I usually spend many hours researching, reading reviews then ho-hum over it, maybe even lose sleep over it, consider how I am going to use it and then spend 15min waiting to click the "Confirm Order" button.
However, I already know of Gene's quality and realize that if I diddent get it now it would be a long time until I actually would get one....I'm happy now but, On the extremely small chance that I would be unsatisified (can't happen with Gene's products) I would beat myself with a rubber hose.

Gene43

Enlightened
Please don't beat yourself with a rubber hose. If you don't like it, I will of course make it right by you. I hope you all like them. I have my personal one in a 2D with 2 x AW18650. I'm using a 5 1/8 inch piece of 3/4 inch PVC with a small (approx 1 inch) length of 1 inch ID vinyl hose over each end as an adapter. I then made a shortened tail spring to complete the package. Runtime is about 1 hour 15 min. on this setup.

RunningDave

Newly Enlightened
There are almost C and D size li-ions (slightly longer than normal cells). AW sells the C cells and spacers to extend the tube in the marketplace...but they are out of stock at the moment. You could also use 3xRCR or 2x18500 in a 2C light with a homemade sleeve.

I have a 3C maglight. What would be the best Li-ion battery to use? 3x18500?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Added to the List of Maglite drop-ins.

Great job Gene!

I remember when you started with an eBay account and now you have this!

I have a 3C maglight. What would be the best Li-ion battery to use? 3x18500?
What's your price range?

3 C sized Li-ion batteries would be best.

You can use 2 18650s and a spacer. Not many lights seem to use the 18500 battery.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
By any chance, is there a "drooling" smiley? I think I need that right now.
If only I could somehow justify buying this...

Gene43

Enlightened
Thanks, I really appreciate it! The driver was a long hard battle. Coming up with something efficient, and small enough with a decent voltage input range near about drove me to pull my hair out!

RunningDave

Newly Enlightened
Added to the List of Maglite drop-ins.

Great job Gene!

I remember when you started with an eBay account and now you have this!

What's your price range?

3 C sized Li-ion batteries would be best.

You can use 2 18650s and a space. Not many lights seem to use the 18500 battery.

Thanks for the help. Money is no object is my price range. :whistle:
I'll look for those C sized Li-ion batteries, but I can't seem to find a charger for those darn things. If all else fails, I think I'm gonna go with 2X 18650's since I already have a charger for it.

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
By any chance, is there a "drooling" smiley? I think I need that right now.
If only I could somehow justify buying this...

drool.gif
done

glockbob

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Gene and Thank you to donn for bringing this to our attention. Just ordered the C cell P7.

This will be my second Malkoff dropin, so far I am very impressed.

Bob