Help! Olight M20 or Jet-III m

sport69

Newly Enlightened
If you had a choice of one of these light to use for a duty light which one would you choose and why?

What cases do you use for the Jet-III m?
Does the M20 case fit a Bianchi duty belt?
Are there any post that compare these two lights?
Thanks! To al the wise ones:shrug:

Igor Porto

Enlightened
I would go for the Olight. They both throw and spill well, but the Jet Beam has a slightly shorter battery life, although I like JetBeams. At least for those with AA batteries, can't say for certain about CR123s.

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't speak for the Olight, although I've read good things about them.

I considered these two models and after reading reviews of them both, decided to go for the Jet III-M.... and I LOVE this light. Awesome quality, many awesome features as well.... I think the Jet III-M is one of today's best lights. This is a bright 225 lumens light (there are ALWAYS some *brighter* lights out there, but as you will learn soon, MAX brightness ain't everything). The 2 lumen low setting runtime is a staggering 200 hours! Very simple and certain UI. After my experience with this Jet III Military, I'm sure I will be adding more JetBeam lights to my collection.

At least read selfbuilt's reviews of them both, then decide for yourself.

Jet III-M
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/211631

Olight M20
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/209384

Norm

Retired Administrator
I would go for the Olight. They both throw and spill well, but the Jet Beam has a slightly shorter battery life, although I like JetBeams. At least for those with AA batteries, can't say for certain about CR123s.
Looks like they are very close in runtime with the JetBeam ever so slightly in front, no real practical difference.
Graph borrowed form selfbuilt https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2683190&postcount=1
They look like very similar lights, I don't think you'd be disappointed with either, the M20 has the advantage of an extra level and strobe, the jetbeam UI is very positive you'll never make a mistake about which mode your in, the second level can be set to any of the levels or strobes available.
My choice would be the JetBeam, but this may be because I already own one. You may find the M20 coming on in the wrong mode, the mode can easily be checked on the JetBeam even before you turn it on.

jetiiimhi18650fy6.gif

Last edited:

bluecrow76

Enlightened
They're pretty closely matched... it seems more of a preference in user interface. The III M has two modes, one of which is programmable, while the M20 has 4 set modes. I've turned into a flexibility fiend... so my pick on UI grounds is the Jet III M. Another bonus is the III M can tailstand, which I seem to value in a light (I use that feature quite often.)

However, the M20 has the benefit of accessories (weapon mountable and remote pressure switch). I'm actually looking for a light for my shotgun right now (I'm a civilian, not LE), so these options on the M20 definitely sway me in it's direction.

So, in true CPF fashion, what I've come up with is to eventually buy both of them! The M20 for my shotgun and the III M for me. I have a III PRO and III ST, but the more I think about it I would really like to have the forward clickie of the III M.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the tailstand feature is an important one if you think you might ever want to use it for ambient room light (something I do all the time - I really like this feature!) I think this makes for a great emergency preparedness light due to the long run time and tailstand feature. And the simplicity of the UI is very important to me, I want to know for sure that I'll have full power -or- whatever other custom setting I have programmed without having to click through things or fuss around. Full power right off the bat can be very important as can super low power (or strobe) right off the bat... the JetBeam III M user interface is wonderfully simple and reliable and can do this.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam, hands down. The Jet-III Military feel as solid as any top of the line SureFire and the finish is excellent. It is also a bit more compact than the M20 Warrior.

sport69

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys...I was leaning towards the Jet but everyone kinda helped support my gut feelings. Anyone have suggestions for a duty case?

Latest posts