6p Led drop in .9v to 4.5v ??????

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
NO! the bare modules are almost all 17mm...I have made several from Dx and Kaidomain..

In fact I would "kill" for a few with a 16mm board socket...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Only problem is that drive is 17mm too large to fir in the standard drop in modules.
Norm

I got mine to fit easily, just a little file around the perimeter to debur the sharp edges. just don't wreck the "-" trace around the perimeter.

Heres my 6090 modded.
dscn0426rp6.jpg

I like it MUCH better now. I can use higher capacity 17670 cells and the low-low 10% setting is perfect for night adapted vision, around 10 Lumens, so its almost too bright. I use it in my 6P. A SF diffuser lens is also on my list of additions to be made.

I also have DX:6190 and DX:7612 that i am going to use in my DX R2 modules, after I add another 7135 IC to boost current to ~1350A.

**edit**
note also that with DX7882 you need to bridge V+out over to C1, otherwise the board will not work. I have 2 of these boards, bridged them both and they work great. I didn't even bother trying to use them unbridged. here's a pic of another members project who left out this critical step.
166hsnmod6.jpg

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
NO! the bare modules are almost all 17mm...I have made several from Dx and Kaidomain..

In fact I would "kill" for a few with a 16mm board socket...
I have old modules bought about 18 months ago and they are definitely smaller obviously I'm not up to date.
Norm

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have old modules bought about 18 months ago and they are definitely smaller obviously I'm not up to date.
Norm

Yes i know..Just few days ago i discovered that the Dx1447 module accepts 16mm boards....That means I know have 2 for 2 4382 boards to put in single cell flashlights....

but in case I need more I know where to ask:devil::wave: