Help, have .php file need it converted

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
I sent files to my son in Thailand that were .php. He is going to print some banners and bring them home, however he can't open them or find a conversion. They were made on my wife's laptop, and I can't open them here on my desktop. Any online help? Or I could email them to some willing and able person, if it wouldn't be too big a deal.
TIA

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
.php files are just text. You can open them with any text editor or MS Word.

Wits' End

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remote NEast Minnesota, next to Lake Superior
It isn't PSP (PaintShop Pro) by any chance, is it?
No

What software did you use to create them?
Microsoft, Picture It

.php files are just text. You can open them with any text editor or MS Word.
I've tried with Open Office and just now notepad, with notepad I get all sorts of ASCII characters.

This is a graphics, text program for making greeting cards, banners and the like. Thanks for any help.

dilbert

Enlightened
I don't have that software, so I'm just thinking out loud here...

When you choose "save as" can you chose another more compatable file type? Can you "print" it to a PDF file?

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is a page with references to programs that might open and convert your files.
Banners will probably be a problem.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think there is much if anything available to open these if they were made with MS Picture it except that program. A slightly less elegant but workable solution would be to bring up the pics one at a time on the computer where they were made and then hit your Print Screen key. Then open any photo or paint program and paste the image from the clipboard (that's where hitting Print Screen leaves it). Then save as .jpg or any format you like.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
irfanview is about the most comprehensive image viewer there is. Install along with the addon pack, then drag and drop your image file into it. .php is highly peculiar for an image, that is normally a scripting (my programming language of choice in fact which is what got me into your thread) file.