Pure Energy Ready Charge LSD Nimh?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need some AAA to rebuild cordless phone battery pack and found these at walmart, seems to be LSD from the description, but they are about half the price of duraloop and hybrid. They however only claim 500 cycles oppose to 1500 by others. I bought one but can't test them. Anybody used these before?

353629719028yg4.jpg

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Close inspection of the positive and negative ends (of an AA cell especially) would probably identify them as one of the types I, II, III or IV in my varieties of LSD cell thread.

However, it has also been noted recently that very low priced cells seem to come from the factory without pre-conditioning and need many charge/discharge cycles before they reach a good level of performance.

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incidentally, I recently considered the idea of rebuilding a cordless phone pack but in the end I just bought an aftermarket battery pack as a drop-in replacement. I was doubtful how well it would perform, but it has been working fine so far and it was not too expensive.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was actually looking for that thread but forgot the title. The + end doesn't quite look like any of those when I compared with hybrid and duraloop. They are charging right now, I'll see if I can take a pic after.

condor11

Newly Enlightened
So, any update on these batteries? Local Walmart sells 4AA for 7.99CAD.
They say they are pre-charged but they don't say a capacity. Also they don't look like any other battery, esp the positive end.

Dunno, if they are any good, thought they price is cheap!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been wondering about those as well.

I am in need of some more AAA LSD cells and was considering those or another 4-pack of hybrids.

LiteShow

Newly Enlightened
I bought two 4 pack AAAs for my kid's FRS/GMRS Radios. The radios are only used intermittently a few times a day, so they are not on standby nor do they transmit often.

The cells came pre-charged and worked right out the package. So far so good, but can't tell if they are good long-term. Have yet to recharge them. For less than CAD$8.00, the price is really good though!

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Pure Energy seem smaller than Eneloops/RayOvac Hybrids so I expect slightly less capacity. I usually alternate between them and the RayOvac so if I accidentally mix them up during a battery change I can tell which are charged and which are not.
For high drain devices like my digital camera I only use Eneloops/Duraloops.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Buy a pre-made pack from WalMart or even cheaper online. You're likely to damage the cells when soldering them and you can't tell by looking at them. Not worth it to try and save a couple of bucks.

condor11

Newly Enlightened
OK, so I've bought a pack of these Pure Energy Ready Charge AA batteries.

Out of the box they had 578mAh charge left.
After cycling them a couple of times the maximum charge in them I got was 1196mAh. The discharge was done at 0.5Amp.

So, this low capacity pretty much explains their price and the fact that the label does not state capacity.