CKSause LightWasher failures

JJHitt

Enlightened
Back when Target had the LightWasher on clearance for 7.99, I bought five or six of them.

That was about a year ago...

Of that batch, two have died and I'm seeing that another is also begining to display problems (one set of LEDs either fails to light or flickers).

I bought these thinking they would last for decades and I'm getting a 'Mean Time Between Failures' of less than a year.

If I had paid the full price when they first came out I'd be upset.

Now, my electric power here could be "dirty", but I dont normally plug night lights into surge protectors.

shrap

Enlightened
Re: CKSauce LightWasher failures

That's bad news...

Have you tried contacting the manufacturer?

Were these Lightwashers always plugged in?

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast

I DID pay full price for mine, but luckily it still seems to be holding up. Craig did note that it's very sensitive to input power, being able to smite it down with a dimmer, so maybe you did have some spikes going in on the line-
The whole power supply section of it doesn't seem all that well designed, both in efficiency and durability, though it's still kinda neat-
I of my two Sauce purchases, I like the Lightwand much better.

JJHitt

Enlightened

No, no contact with CK Sauce. The first unit that died I opened up to satisfy my curiosity. Didn't learn anything of note though...

Yes, they were running 24/7 day in day out (and probably got hit with more than one thunderstorm power outage).

I've noticed that they tend to run on the warm side and I suspect the problem is gradual heat damage and not my electric supply.

As a plus note: I also have a number of "Orbs" (the smaller 3 LED cousin to the LightWasher) and have not had any problem with any of them.

Latest posts